Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suzuki AN 125 - Opinions?

• 29-03-2017 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

My missus wants to start commuting to work (in Dublin) on a moped/scooter.

I've looked at a few 125cc bikes, and the Suzuki AN125 looks pretty good.

It's smaller and lighter than a lot of the other 125cc bikes I've looked at, which I think will suit her better? (Plus it seems a reasonable price).

Are there any AN125 owners here on the forum? Is it a comfortable bike to ride? Does it accelerate quick enough to keep up with cars from the lights?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

How big is the commute?

Dont really understand what the acceleration away from the lights is all about TBH?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 johnnyleitrim

Commute is about 8kms.

Friends had mentioned that you need a bike with decent acceleration because if you work your way to the front of a queue of traffic stopped at a red light, you want something with decent acceleration so that the cars behind you aren't screaming past when it goes green.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Roughly what is the commute? The AN125 is a great scooter, I'd definitely recommend one. Wife had one and a mate had one. Actually, like that other thread, my mate did a return trip from north Dublin to cork city on his.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 johnnyleitrim

Commute is from about Navan Road to East Point Business Park.

Thanks for the recommendation Cienciano!
    Cienciano wrote: »
    Roughly what is the commute? The AN125 is a great scooter, I'd definitely recommend one. Wife had one and a mate had one. Actually, like that other thread, my mate did a return trip from north Dublin to cork city on his.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Commute is from about Navan Road to East Point Business Park.

Thanks for the recommendation Cienciano!

Just making sure no motorway was on the commute. Its legal to drive on them with a 125, but might not be too comfortable for some people. Thats a grand commute for a 125 scooter, go for one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement