Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jesus & Mary Chain

Options
  • 29-03-2017 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭

The Academy, Dublin - 7th April
    The Limelight, Belfast - 8th April

Bought my ticket yesterday :)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Penfailed wrote: »
    The Academy, Dublin - 7th April
    The Limelight, Belfast - 8th April

Bought my ticket yesterday :)

Well...I really enjoyed Documenta (support band). I'm still undecided about JAMC. The bass was too high in the mix, the vocals were lost, the vocal mic was feeding back (unintentionally), the women behind me were even noisier than the band and spilt drink on me twice. I still had a good night.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Good gig. I've been a fan since the mid 80's & have all their albums, but this was my first time seeing them live. They're not exactly the most animated performers, but then again, it's all about the music with them.

I agree about the vocal sound. We were right behind the sound desk & the vocals were lost in the mix for most of the gig. I couldn't make out anything he said between songs. Personally, I thought the band sounded great - I liked the heavy bass.

I thought the gig was slow to get going. Playing April Skies as the second song is a strange decision. It would've had a lot more impact later in the set. The gig definitely picked up half way through. Towards the end, the place was heaving.

Advertisement