Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin airport to Sligo this sunday

Options
  • 30-03-2017 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My daughter is booked to fly to Dublin from Bristol on Sunday landing at 5pm. As there is a bus eirann strike ongoing she obviously won't be able to use the ticket she's already booked to get to sligo from dublin. So, can anyone help with how she gets from Dublin airport to Sligo at around 6pm ish on a Sunday night if she can't use bus eirann? Also she is returning to Dublin from sligo on the following Thursday so needs to be in Dublin airport by 3.30pm. We are totally unfamiliar with Ireland and postponing the trip is not an option so any help.with other buses or trains would be great.
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

You could fly from Bristol to Knock on Sunday.

Flights look to be about 23 pounds.

You could fly back on the Friday for 9.99 Sterling

Knock would be a lot nearer Sligo.

www.thebus.ie travels Sligo to Dublin but not every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 spikyspiky

Unfortunately the flights are already booked and unchangeable. Itsv booked through my daughters work so she is going into dublin but thanks for suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭dazed+confused

The flights suggested are a similar price to a bus ticket though and a LOT cheaper than a taxi. Surely they're worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A quick google throws up this company.
    http://www.thebus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Issue 1 - try and get a refund from BE
    Solution 1- iarnrod Eireann services are not affected, she could get a train from connolly to sligo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fureys (thebus.ie) go from Dublin to Sligo on a Friday but they don't do any journeys on a Thursday. Your daughter's best bet is to get the train as they run every day. She can get the 41 bus from the airport and that will bring her close enough to Connolly station.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭itac

spikyspiky wrote: »
    My daughter is booked to fly to Dublin from Bristol on Sunday landing at 5pm. As there is a bus eirann strike ongoing she obviously won't be able to use the ticket she's already booked to get to sligo from dublin. So, can anyone help with how she gets from Dublin airport to Sligo at around 6pm ish on a Sunday night if she can't use bus eirann? Also she is returning to Dublin from sligo on the following Thursday so needs to be in Dublin airport by 3.30pm. We are totally unfamiliar with Ireland and postponing the trip is not an option so any help.with other buses or trains would be great.
    Thank you

Not sure what time she lands at on Sunday, but Airport Hopper to Maynooth, get Sligo train from there (it usually leaves Maynooth 35/40mins afer leaving Dublin's Connolly Station) then reverse the process for going back?

(airporthopper.ie)

Hopper bus leaves/drops off at Maynooth bus stop just outside on main road at Maynooth station-turn right out of train station building, walk to the top of the hill, turn left, walk about 200m to a semi-circle and wait for Hopper bus there.

Great wee service, no affiliations to it other than have used it a lot myself!

Thank you all for your suggestions. I think she's going to try for the train as long as her flights not delayed. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

OP I've bad news for you. They are now picketing Dublin bus and Irish rail. It looks like there will be no trains running now either.

sligojoek thanks I saw that this morning. It's turning into a right mare lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

spikyspiky wrote: »
    sligojoek thanks I saw that this morning. It's turning into a right mare lol

Hopefully, it's just for today. They're still a bunch of complete scumbags mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Looks like the secondary picketing is being withdrawn, and services resuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Looks like the secondary picketing is being withdrawn, and services resuming.
    No harm. That was a nasty act. No warning.

Advertisement