Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neptune Apartments Dun Laoghaire

Options
  • 30-03-2017 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi folks. I'm looking to move to Dun Laoghaire and came across this apartment complex.

I'm wondering if anyone has some opinions on them? They look nice but I'd like some feedback or opinions on them before I call up and book a viewing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mfrutos

I know this thread is very old, but I will reply just in case it helps anyone.

I have been living in Neptune Apartments for the last 6 months. They are very comfortable with very good energy rating (heating only kicked in the coldest days in the winter). There is a nice gym included.

The area is beautiful, but there is not much to do nearby. Public transportation is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,523 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mfrutos wrote: »
    I know this thread is very old, but I will reply just in case it helps anyone.

I have been living in Neptune Apartments for the last 6 months. They are very comfortable with very good energy rating (heating only kicked in the coldest days in the winter). There is a nice gym included.

The area is beautiful, but there is not much to do nearby. Public transportation is terrible.

When you say not much to do ? What can’t you do?

There’s plenty sailing , fishing , cycling, running, Rock climbing , chilling in the market , walking the pier, pubs, cinema, restaurants etc.

Public transport, there’s the DART which runs every ten minutes and a dozen bus routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah I find that a bit bizarre, it sound like you haven't been exploring enough. I grew up nearby and we've been living in an apartment for 2 years. As above, as much to do in dun Laoghaire as any other place in Dublin. Loads of eateries, market on Sunday, near the sea, near blackrock. What's missing?

As for transport... That's incorrect: 46a bus stop right outside, probably the most frequent service in the city. Short walk to dart. Try moving away from here and see what "no transport" in Dublin is really like!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭C3PO

ted1 wrote:

There’s plenty sailing , fishing , cycling, running, Rock climbing , chilling in the market , walking the pier, pubs, cinema, restaurants etc.

Public transport, there’s the DART which runs every ten minutes and a dozen bus routes.
    DirkVoodoo wrote:
    Yeah I find that a bit bizarre, it sound like you haven't been exploring enough. I grew up nearby and we've been living in an apartment for 2 years. As above, as much to do in dun Laoghaire as any other place in Dublin. Loads of eateries, market on Sunday, near the sea, near blackrock. What's missing?

As for transport... That's incorrect: 46a bus stop right outside, probably the most frequent service in the city. Short walk to dart. Try moving away from here and see what "no transport" in Dublin is really like!

In fairness, the Neptune Apartments are not exactly on the seafront! In fact 2.5kms away according to Google! TBH, I'm not even sure how the address in DunLaoghaire except that maybe it's because the golf club used to be located there?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That was Mounttown, Dun Laoghaire 20 years ago. The Mounttown bit seems to have vanished!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

The only way to get more amenities close by is to plug in a playstation...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mfrutos

ted1 wrote: »

I am used to live in the centre of big capitals but anyways my comment was more oriented to Neptune Apartments rather than Dun Laoghaire in general.
    ted1 wrote: »

It takes me 30 minutes to get to the DART station. Regarding bus routes, as far as I know there are only two: Tallagh and the 46A to city centre. Unfortunately, I know the 46A very well and it is terrible at peak times.

Advertisement