Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Card options

• 30-03-2017 4:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there,

I will be travelling around Asia, Oz and NZ for months and i am looking to obtain a credit card. I have been a customer with BOI for all my life. I am wondering which option card would be the best for my travels?

I would only be using the card as a back up in case of an emergency/large purchase.

Thanks,

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Kennek1 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I will be travelling around Asia, Oz and NZ for months and i am looking to obtain a credit card. I have been a customer with BOI for all my life. I am wondering which option card would be the best for my travels?

I would only be using the card as a back up in case of an emergency/large purchase.

Thanks,

Keith
    Hi Keith, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

We have several Credit Cards which you can apply for. We have a handy comparison guide to these different cards which you can find here. It would be best to speak with a member of our Credit Cards team to discuss what would most suit you. 
    If you would like us to arrange a call to you from the team, please let us know in a private message. Please click on the link in my signature to send a private message. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kennek1

I applied for a credit card a few days ago. It's supposed to be 24hr approval but I only got a message tgere saying ye sent out a letter looking for additional information. I need the card for next Thurs as I am going away. Is there anything I can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Kennek1 wrote: »
    I applied for a credit card a few days ago. It's supposed to be 24hr approval but I only got a message tgere saying ye sent out a letter looking for additional information. I need the card for next Thurs as I am going away. Is there anything I can do?
    Hi Kennek1,

Thanks for your post.

In most cases approval will be within 24 hours, this is subject to us being in receipt of all relevant information and documentation. Applications referred to underwriting may take longer.

It would be necessary to provide this additional information requested for your application. If you call our Credit Card team on 0818 200 412 an advisor will be able to check the notes on your application to advise you on what will be needed.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement