Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do?

Options
  • 30-03-2017 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi there,

I will be travelling from next month until just before Christmas. I am an EI customer. 

I will be renting out my apartment for the 8 months to new tenants. Is it possible to switch pay what i owe before i go and then switch the account name to the new occupiers? 

Regards,

Keith

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi Keith,

Thank you very much for getting in touch.

You will need to keep your account open until they move in, in order to avoid an interruption in the supply.

If you wish, we can close the account for you here on Boards.ie if you send us a private message.

We require the following information to close your account:
    • Your full name as it appears on the account
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • A forwarding address for your closing bill
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    • The date you ceased taking responsibility for the property
    • The meter reading on the same date
    • The name and contact number of the new tenant or tenants
    A final bill will then be issued to close your account, and you can arrange to make payment of what you owe.

A brand new account will need to be set up for the new tenants. You can let them register with the supplier of their choice, or temporarily register them with Electric Ireland.

If you are the owner of the property, you are entitled to register the tenants, as long as they have given you permission to do so.

In order for us to register the tenants, we will require the following details via private message:
    • The full name of the tenant
    • Previous Electric Ireland account number (if they previously had an Electric Ireland account)
    • The contact number and date of birth of the tenant
    • Confirmation you have their permission
    • The meter reading taken the day you moved into the property
    If you would prefer not to complete this via Social Media, the other ways to contact Electric Ireland are here.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kennek1

Hi there

This is a message re the above querey. I will be looking to cancel my account from Monday on. I am very happy with you guys so once I come back I will be rejoining.

Your full name as it appears on the account:

<Snip>

If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Keith,

We are very pleased to read of your happiness with Electric Ireland - thanks for your kind words.

We just needed to have the personal details removed from your post, as this forum is visible to the public. We will return on Tuesday to assist you by private message.

Regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Kennek1

Hi

I have still not heard anything back from you guys?

If I do not get this done today then i will be gone travelling tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Keith,

Thank you for getting in touch.

We require that you send us a private message with the details as outlined by Aoife.

You can send us a private message directly via this link.

We will assist as soon as possible.

Update: Hi again Keith, we have sent you a private message this morning.

Thanks,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement