Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No fault accident included on renewal no claims bonus letter?

Options
  • 30-03-2017 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

Can anyone please tell me why the insurance company have included an accident my car was involved in a couple years ago, even though no claim was made through them? Someone else was driving my car when it was rear ended, the other party completely admitted liability and all damages were taken care of at the time. I informed my insurance company as I thought it was the right thing to do even though they were not involved at all. I received my INCREASED renewal quote along with my proof of no claims bonus which stipulates the date, accident and settlement figure (they have put 1 down for some reason).

Why would they highlight this incident on the letter when I wasn't involved and no claim was submitted to them??

Any clarification anyone can provide would be great!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

I had an accident last year - other party accepted full liability after a few months and paid out. My own insurance company had to send someone to assess my car etc- that came under "administrative costs" and they showed that on my no claims bonus letter despite us claiming nothing from them.

I was annoyed too but it didnt affect the NCB on the letter so i let it go. It might be just how the log any claims/reported incidents.

Our renewal increased - but pretty much everyones did.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Just call them and ask to have it removed from the NCB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

The accident occurred, that is why it is stated. There shouldn't be a settlement amount if it was full covered by the 3rd party. Check that out. Only payments made by your insurer should be mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mrsbeebee

It's standard to include a report only accident. Another insurer would understand the reason it is there. The increase is probably due to rate increases as opposed to the claim. But you should call them to clarify that.

Advertisement