Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Saab External Sounder problem

Options
  • 30-03-2017 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hi,

Have a problem with my HKC Saab external sounder, it does not seem to be working if the alarm goes off, only the internal siren works.The two leds are moving on the box ok. I have engineer code for the alarm, is there a diagnostic test i can run to see if i need to replace the box.

Do they go faulty often? Any advice be great?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

What makes you think it's not working? It could have timed out or if you try set the alarm and don't get out the front in time only the internal bell will ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

s_gr wrote: »
    Hi,

Have a problem with my HKC Saab external sounder, it does not seem to be working if the alarm goes off, only the internal siren works.The two leds are moving on the box ok. I have engineer code for the alarm, is there a diagnostic test i can run to see if i need to replace the box.

Do they go faulty often? Any advice be great?

What HKC system have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭s_gr

What makes you think it's not working? It could have timed out or if you try set the alarm and don't get out the front in time only the internal bell will ring.

I activated the alarm by accident this week when i didnt exit in time and only heard the internal sounder going off. The outside bell did not come on. Is there a bell test?

HKC 8/12 wired panel about 6/7 years old

altor wrote: »
    What HKC system have you?

Hi,

Thanks
    S

Just seen you note on the exit fault......but i do remember this happening before and external sounder came on....

• Advertisement

Hi,

Thanks
    S

If you go into the service menu, test outputs you should be able to activate the output from engineer mode.

Another option is to activate a panic, * plus # on keypad and see if it activates.

altor wrote: »
    If you go into the service menu, test outputs you should be able to activate the output from engineer mode.

Another option is to activate a panic, * plus # on keypad and see if it activates.

Thanks Ill give that a try tonight and see.

Thanks Ill give that a try tonight and see.

No problem, any issues let us know.

Advertisement