Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf coverage/commentator discussion thread!! Mod note #12

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Eoinyh wrote: »
    Enlighten us on what is good about what they do

Do a huge amount for the amatuer game

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

NDWC wrote: »
    *Golfer hits in the rough*

Paul: "That's not a great shot there Ewen"

*Golfer hits it to 2 feet*

Paul: "That's an excellent shot Ewen"

*American or European does anything*

Paul: "We might see that at the Ryder Cup this year Ewen"

Etc.

Honestly that it ridiculous. What do you want him to say about said shots? Nothing? Do you ever watch football. Do commentators there say if a shot was good bad or indifferent? Of course they do...... all the time. And then they might mention that if a team keep playing like this they will get a spot in the c(ampions league.... or go on and win a cup..... how are the golf comments above an6 different to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

First Up wrote: »
    I don't think you understand how these things work. Augusta National can do whatever they like (a lot of it is good) and the PGA, CBS and probably God can go whistle.
    Enlighten us on what is good about what they do
    Admission is hard to get but reasonably priced and they limit numbers so everyone has room. Catering is good value - way less than at other PGA events. Marshalling is brilliant - no messers or loudmouths tolerated. Fan behaviour is about ten steps up the food chain than the usual yobbos.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,011 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

danganabu wrote: »

Ah fair play to them, more than justifies them restricting the coverage ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Ah fair play to them, more than justifies them restricting the coverage ;)

My coverage is just fine, no complaints being watching for the last two and a half hours ;)

• Advertisement

My coverage is just fine, no complaints being watching for the last two and a half hours ;)

What are you watching?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What are you watching?

Probably the same as me. Amen corner or the feature groups.
    They have their own channel here on OSN and again... loads of golf.... no ads

Seve OB wrote: »
    Probably the same as me. Amen corner or the feature groups.
    They have their own channel here on OSN and again... loads of golf.... no ads

You on your holiers in dubai and staying in watching the golf?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What are you watching?

Been switching between feature groups, Amen corner and 15/16 holes, but at the moment the feature groups are Spieth/Dustin and Stenson/McIlroy so staying on that for now.

Been switching between feature groups, Amen corner and 15/16 holes, but at the moment the feature groups are Spieth/Dustin and Stenson/McIlroy so staying on that for now.

That’s what happens when you have kids :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Is Paul Azinger alright? He's lost a serious amount of weight, I wonder if he's been ill

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭bamayang

Jesus mark Immelman is making sky red button almost unbearable. He just goes on and on and on

Fan behaviour is about ten steps up the food chain than the usual yobbos.

Don't you mean "patrons" :)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Don't you mean "patrons" :)

Good call.... that probabl6 merits a yellow card ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ok BBC for a change and no adds

not sure I can handle the adds on Sky anymore .

not to mention the chats every few minutes.

Amazed they let Ken out on greens .

they are very good his pieces on course.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Eoinyh

Expand please

Expand please

Go look it up for yourself maybe it might ''enlighten you'' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

ok BBC for a change and no adds

not sure I can handle the adds on Sky anymore .

not to mention the chats every few minutes.
    Coverage seems 3-4 mins behind in some cases. Flicked over for 30 seconds and saw a putt from Rory I had seen 3-4 mims ago on featured group

Admission is hard to get but reasonably priced and they limit numbers so everyone has room. Catering is good value - way less than at other PGA events. Marshalling is brilliant - no messers or loudmouths tolerated. Fan behaviour is about ten steps up the food chain than the usual yobbos.

That's not really doing a lot for the game in the grand scheme of things, no messers or loudmouths, not too long ago they didn't tolerate other type of people either, good insight into their mindset at the end of this weeks golf weekly

• Advertisement

Go look it up for yourself maybe it might ''enlighten you'' :rolleyes:

Nice

Coverage seems 3-4 mins behind in some cases. Flicked over for 30 seconds and saw a putt from Rory I had seen 3-4 mims ago on featured group

Was same last night

Was same last night
    I meant BBC, was Sky the same last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,767 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Seve OB wrote: »
    Honestly that it ridiculous. What do you want him to say about said shots? Nothing? Do you ever watch football. Do commentators there say if a shot was good bad or indifferent? Of course they do...... all the time. And then they might mention that if a team keep playing like this they will get a spot in the c(ampions league.... or go on and win a cup..... how are the golf comments above an6 different to that?

The quotes were in jest, clearly shots need to be described. I was merely trying to represent the banal, repetitive, clichéd lines he comes out with on a regular basis.

Big football fan but sadly I get very little enjoyment from watching it these days.

Yeah, now maybe not a few minutes but definitey 60 secs or more at times

Yeah, now maybe not a few minutes but definitey 60 secs or more at times

Still how often are adds on Sky ?

Crazy stuff.

Was same last night
    Don't know how often this has to be explained. CBS cover whats going on around the course and feed it all into the control room. Each broadcaster decides which shots to show and in what sequence. Its standard coverage of a tournament. Only reason its confusing people is because we have a choice of broadcasters so we get to see different coverage.

Don't know how often this has to be explained. CBS cover whats going on around the course and feed it all into the control room. Each broadcaster decides which shots to show and in what sequence. Its standard coverage of a tournament. Only reason its confusing people is because we have a choice of broadcasters so we get to see different coverage.
    It’s not confusing nobody. I simply said for me BBC was way behind other coverage I was watching. Thanks for the details though

Who pissed in your cornflakes??

• Advertisement

Who pissed in your cornflakes??
    Everyone who keeps bleating on about stuff they obviously don't understand

Advertisement