Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phonewatch Honeywell Domonial Panel Contract Renewal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

cabryguy wrote: »
    Hi, my PW contract is expiring - is it possible to re-program the panel or do I require a new panel and try and repair the existing PIR etc?

You have to check your contract to see if you own the equipment first.

If you do, in my opinion, you can do one of the following:
    1] Get software and the cables/converters to re-program the panel - very steep learning curve and is just as costly as the next option.

2] Buy Evohome Security Panel and reuse some of the peripherals of your current system see here.
    I think you can reuse the fobs/tags/fire alarm/door sensors but this is a gamble as KoolKid said they might be using a different frequency's.
    You will make up the cost in year 1 because you will be saving the monitoring costs. You might need to let your house insurance know that your self-monitoring your alarm and might lose your discount.

3] Buy a complete new alarm system...

Let us know how you get on, I'll be doing option 2 before next year's renewal, I got them down to €30p/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

I would like to see if you can alter this panel. Made by honeywell, for phone watch only, im looking into how to reprog myself.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It can be done, but its pointless. Its not the customers equipment to use in this manner,

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Irene ODaniel

Hi, everyone.
    I'm in the same situation when I want to get rid of PW and take control of the equipment I already have.

Anybody got success with it?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi, everyone.
    I'm in the same situation when I want to get rid of PW and take control of the equipment I already have.

Anybody got success with it?

Thanks

If this is their new system it's not yours to take control of. You are only renting it. Read the terms and conditions. It will be absolutely useless to you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement