Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trad Lessons in South Dublin/City Centre

Options
  • 30-03-2017 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone knows of any trad lessons or groups in the South Dublin/Rathmines/City Centre area? I recently purchased a flute and would love to get going with it!

I attended classes in the Cobblestone a few years back which was great, so was just wondering if there was anything similar on the south side or city centre that would be a little closer to home!!

thanks a mil!.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

There are a bunch of Comhaltas branches on the south side - see if there's one handy for you: https://comhaltas.ie/locations/

Most of them probably offer lessons, or could at least put you in touch with someone who teaches.

I think there's a slow session in their Monkstown headquarters once a week, but not sure.

There's a slow session in the Cobblestone (out the back) on Wednesday nights that is worth visiting if you want to get some practice in. It's really not far at all from the city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Oh, and there's nothing at all wrong with green tea!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

There are a bunch of Comhaltas branches on the south side - see if there's one handy for you: https://comhaltas.ie/locations/

Most of them probably offer lessons, or could at least put you in touch with someone who teaches.

I think there's a slow session in their Monkstown headquarters once a week, but not sure.

There's a slow session in the Cobblestone (out the back) on Wednesday nights that is worth visiting if you want to get some practice in. It's really not far at all from the city centre.

Thanks @Rakish Paddy :) - I'll try the Cobblestone again I think, I was just being lazy and wondering whether there were more on the southside :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SlowTraddie

I facilitate a 'Slow-Session' in Sandyford on Monday nights, starting back in September. It's for players who are not up to 'normal' session speed. If interested, let me know at - traditionalslowsession at gmail.com.

Advertisement