Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland phone sim "Unlock Rejected"

Options
  • 30-03-2017 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all. Because of the changes Three are making to their contracts, we are entitled to terminate the current contract and find another plan that suits us better. We have given our notice to quit to Three and took our phones to a reputable shop to have them unlocked in preparation for switching. We paid the full fee to have this done. The shop placed the unlock order but have received a reply of "Unlock Rejected".

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

There are two phones, both Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and we were about 12 months into our 18 month contract.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I didn't think you would need to go to a shop to get it unlocked. Isn't is unlocked via the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DDDesign

Hi Mark, I don't know. I've just submitted an unlock request directly through the Three website as well now. I was trying to avoid the hassle of dealing with their hard sell to try keep us with their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DDDesign

And I would normally not question that. But they have explicitly advised that we are in a position to leave because they have increased the cost of the contract and have changed the terms. I am wondering if this is an effort to keep customers from leaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Yeah. they're letting customers keep the phones even if its still early in the contract.

Going to Three is the correct procedure, not the shop.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ed E is right, there is a huge thread over in bargain alerts, and everyone is getting their phones unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

My unlock code has rejected as well and my phone has now been turned off by Three. They are advising me I have to wait another 10 days for a new code. The first code I got straight away. I will never use Three again! Funny how there is no Three rep here offering any assistance. If this is happening to anyone who cancelled its unreal. They knew I had to get a new code and they should have extended the service until it was successfully provided to me. Now I just have them telling me tough

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

No three rep here, because you're posting in the mobiles section. Post in here and i'm sure you'll get a response.

Advertisement