Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Space X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,911 ✭✭✭✭josip

Wind speed 18 knots, I assume that's on the ground.
    What's the max wind speed that it can still launch at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Nee_Loo

Marcus House (best stream in my opinion) saying just under half an hour till launch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Nee_Loo wrote: »
    Marcus House (best stream in my opinion) saying just under half an hour till launch
    Marcus is pretty good, but I keep coming back to NSF for all the angles. But honestly I get very weary of the banter at times.

What doe we all think on the streams?
    NSF/ Everyday Tim / Felix / Marcus / Angry astro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Now this, this I like to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Prefer NSF for stream, not really a fan of the new Everydayastronaut layout. Marcus House is probably the best for regular news updates.

Looking forward to the launch, hopefully landing in one piece, looking forward to this the most since SN8.

• Advertisement

I like NSF for the buildup and they're good for interesting questions -but as soon as SpaceX show their stream - I put them up on the TV/.main screen.

Prefer watching the action clean w/ commentary on the official stream then back to NSF for the replays/analysis!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

jogdish wrote:
    What doe we all think on the streams? NSF/ Everyday Tim / Felix / Marcus / Angry astro

I like Felix. Great enthusiasm. Can't warm to Tim at all.
    Marcus House is boring.
    NSF undoubtedly the most knowledgeable team.

https://twitter.com/BCCarCounters/status/1390066960021524483

23:25 for liftoff according to spreadsheet guy!

Will tonight be the night we get a soft safe landing?

Shlippery wrote: »
    I like NSF for the buildup and they're good for interesting questions -but as soon as SpaceX show their stream - I put them up on the TV/.main screen.

Prefer watching the action clean w/ commentary on the official stream then back to NSF for the replays/analysis!

How do you put the spaceX stream on the TV? I don't see ayoutube channel for them.

Up!

• Advertisement

Down!

Uh oh, turn off the f****g engine
    Not a good look.
    VoPxV1r.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Soft landing

Methane leak....hope they put that fire out

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Ye looks like they done it. Well done Space X. So where were you watching it? I was watching on NASAs feed and on Everyday Astranauts feed. NASA turned out to be the better one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Fire potentially out..
    Ahh so exciting.

Hope theey can recover the video we lost too If it doesn't blow up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Great news, so happy it made the landing and they were able to quench the methane leak.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1390073153347592192

Well worth being tuned in since 2pm!

Now we're into the unknown. Lets see how successfully 'safing' a Starship works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,006 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What next I wonder? Will they fly the next one higher or just do the same again just to make sure this one was not a fluke?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Landed about a foot from the edge of the pad, leaving room for SN16??

Excellent stuff, hope there is a clean video from spaceX I assume all those cameras record locally too?

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    What next I wonder? Will they fly the next one higher or just do the same again just to make sure this one was not a fluke?
    SN6 repeated SN5, then onto SN8

By that Logic, maybe SN16 repeat slightly higher? I don't think the altitude does that number for a good number of km

SN20 was an internal goal for 'orbit' which I think is a bit much, I think the next threshold is breaking the sound barrier on re entry and heating issues with tiles. I'm not sure if much higher needs more raptors either.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

I think SN16 will be a full heat shield test to 10k to check stability

It seems many fell off yesterday.

I doubt you will see that until SN20. Which is the start of the next upgrade block. Next few flights will be Perfecting the landing and sea level raptor performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭.42.

I doubt you will see that until SN20. Which is the start of the next upgrade block. Next few flights will be Perfecting the landing and sea level raptor performance.

I thought SN20 and beyond are orbital Starships?

Where are the Starships manufactured?
    Are they assembled remotely and transported complete or is there some onsite assembly?
    Are they trucked from the nearest railhead?
    From Google Street Maps in 2019 Boca Chica is a very basic setup.

josip wrote:
    Where are the Starships manufactured? Are they assembled remotely and transported complete or is there some onsite assembly? Are they trucked from the nearest railhead? From Google Street Maps in 2019 Boca Chica is a very basic setup.

All built on site. Some parts like the flaps and thrust domes are trucked in

.42. wrote:

Supposedly. You don't need heat shield for sub orbital

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

.42. wrote: »
    That's the plan and they will need a good heat tile configuration that stays on :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

.42. wrote: »
    I think SN16 will be a full heat shield test to 10k to check stability

It seems many fell off yesterday.

Pictures of SN16 do show it will have a lot if not a full belly of tiles. Hopefully they can solve the "falling off" problem. Reminds me of Columbia back in 79-80.

• Advertisement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTA0GTgFn5E
    Crane is on its journey over to have a poke at SN15.

_it still hasn't spontaneously exploded_!

Advertisement