Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyrite free cert clongriffin

Options
  • 30-03-2017 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

I am in the process of purchasing an apt In Clongriffin and don't know where to go to get a pyrite free cert. The management company said they never organised this testing and are unaware of who organised any tests in the first place however they have not always managed. Also the seller doesn't have one and has no knowledge of this or so the agent is telling me.

Can anyone else who who has been in this same boat please shed some light as where to go next.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I was looking to get a pyrite test done and was quoted €6K and there was no way the vendors would have allowed the distructive works that needed to be done. Have you had a word with a good surveyor?

This was a house so maybe it's different for an apartment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Clongo7 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I am in the process of purchasing an apt In Clongriffin and don't know where to go to get a pyrite free cert. The management company said they never organised this testing and are unaware of who organised any tests in the first place however they have not always managed. Also the seller doesn't have one and has no knowledge of this or so the agent is telling me.

Can anyone else who who has been in this same boat please shed some light as where to go next.

Why are you looking for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭skD13

There might not be any need for one depending on where the apartment is or on what block. Remediation was carried out on all the old Beaupark houses and small apartment blocks. By small, I mean the 2 or 3 storey blocks, duplexes etc. that do not have an underground car park.

When I lived there we were told by the mgmt co., developer, estate agent etc. that the larger blocks with underground car parks were not affected by pyrite. It was something to do with the type of foundation. Also, later built blocks are not affected.

Maybe talk to an engineer and see if what I'm saying here makes sense. I never checked it out myself, just swallowed what I was told. Also, if there's no signs of pyrite heave by this stage, and the apartment is 10 years old or so, then maybe an engineer can guess with some level of certainty that no pyrite is present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Clongo7

Thanks guys,

We've had a surveyor in who has now advised to get the test done.

Apparently this block has never been tested. Strange as it was one of the first built so I assumed would have been tested with the rest?

Here's hoping it doesn't have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 extremexp

Clongo7 wrote: »
    Thanks guys,

We've had a surveyor in who has now advised to get the test done.

Apparently this block has never been tested. Strange as it was one of the first built so I assumed would have been tested with the rest?

Here's hoping it doesn't have it.

Hey, did you get your cert done? How much was it? And can you please let me know what is the block in question? As I'm looking for a house myself now in the Area just near collins park. Many thanks in advance for your response!

• Advertisement
Advertisement