Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Liability Insurance when renting room

Options
  • 30-03-2017 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

There are a number of great PLI threads, but I couldn't find the answer to the following anywhere:

If you are renting a room (say from a hotel or a school) to conduct an event, do you need to take out PLI? I am getting mixed advice from the venue managers, so keen to get your opinions. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Hi,

There are a number of great PLI threads, but I couldn't find the answer to the following anywhere:

If you are renting a room (say from a hotel or a school) to conduct an event, do you need to take out PLI? I am getting mixed advice from the venue managers, so keen to get your opinions. Thanks

As a former event organiser, I would say yes you need your own insurance. If venues did have it, who's to say it fits your requirements.

Speak to bizbroker.com I've used them for years and they manage to come up with the goods no matter what I throw at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Rosalind151

As a former event organiser, I would say yes you need your own insurance. If venues did have it, who's to say it fits your requirements.

Speak to bizbroker.com I've used them for years and they manage to come up with the goods no matter what I throw at them.

Could you double check that URL? This goes to an undeveloped wordpress blog, so I wonder if it's a dot ie not a dot com?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Could you double check that URL? This goes to an undeveloped wordpress blog, so I wonder if it's a dot ie not a dot com?

Apologies. It should be .ie

Advertisement