Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Noodle Bar

Options
  • 30-03-2017 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

I searched and the last thread I could see in DC forum was 4 years old so rather than resurrect an old thread and feel the wrath of the moderators I'm starting a new one. So many of these around the city. Some good, some awful. What's your favourite? I absolutely adore Noodle House on Wexford St (or is it Camden Street). Just finished their Hot and Sour Noodle Soup and am stuffed. So good and very reasonably priced. Any others I should know of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I used to like the Wok In myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Yum Thai on Duke St. was always my go-to for noodles. Haven't eaten there that often recently though. Their Pad Thai was/is very good imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Charming Noodles on Parnell Street near Fibbers. Wonder if they are still open? Excellent food in there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Birneybau wrote: »
    I used to like the Wok In myself.

The Wok In Noodle Bar on North Earl Street? Their prices are decent enough too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

RedXIV wrote: »
    Charming Noodles on Parnell Street near Fibbers. Wonder if they are still open? Excellent food in there

I'm literally walking past Lee's Charming Noodles as I type. Agree very tasty.

That one on North Earl Street I was very disappointed in (if it's the one next to Saburritos). The Noodles were stored in one of those dishes that sit out all day and I found the amount of meat in the dishes very stingy. It's been a while since I've had so maybe these things have changed.

Not tried Yum Thai, must give it a go.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Another vote here for Charming Noodle.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

charming noodle on parnell st is really good and is cheap,staff are great to.Also the ramen bar on st willliam st is very nice.plus pho viet does a good pho and is also on parnell st

Some good suggestions, thanks all. I work very close to Parnell St and don't recall the Pho place mentioned above. I finish early today so may head in for a good lunch. Roughly what price would you be talking for a meal in these places?

I always thought it would be hard to beat noodle house for both price quality and quantity (€6.50 - €8). Choice also. Huge menu. However, given I've eaten there probably 3 times per week since last summer it's definitely time to try somewhere else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pho Viet is on the opposite side of the street from Charming Noodle, up about two or three doors from the Parnell monument - almost straight across from Fibber Magee's.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭badker

If your after Pho try Aobaba 46A Capel St, North City, Dublin 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 psychoniamh

I guess not officially a noodle bar, but I recommend giving the Mongolian BBQ in Temple Bar a try - it's a unique dining experience and great value, with the novelty of having the chefs cook your meal right in front of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭con1982

Second vote here for Noodle House on Camden Street. Singapore noodles are amazing

Lots of places to try, thank you all. I tried Mongolian BBQ plenty of time on work do's and it's a Def thumbs up from me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

con1982 wrote: »
    Second vote here for Noodle House on Camden Street. Singapore noodles are amazing

I went looking for this place on Thursday on this thread's recommendation and couldn't find it and I know Camden St. very well and I walked up and down searching.

So I settled for a bento box take-away from Zakura. As I'm waiting on my lunch and staring out the window what do I see...:o.

humberklog wrote: »
    I went looking for this place on Thursday on this thread's recommendation and couldn't find it and I know Camden St. very well and I walked up and down searching.

So I settled for a bento box take-away from Zakura. As I'm waiting on my lunch and staring out the window what do I see...:o.

Ouch. The minute you said Zakura I literally screamed at my phone "IT'S STRAIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD".

I was there again yesterday. I was over that side of the city and found "wok in" but their menu was on the low side. Seemed to be just *insert meat here* noodle. I went to NH in the end and got me some Curry Laska Noodle Soup. The boiled egg looked, let's just say weird, but it tasted divine.

badker wrote: »
    If your after Pho try Aobaba 46A Capel St, North City, Dublin 1.

Had lunch here today. Really good food with nice hot chilli sauce on the table. Size was something else. I ordered large coz I was starvin but Jaysus this portion size was something els, would easily have filled me and me mate. If thats my only complaint they're doing well.

Advertisement