Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2 PC/PS4/X1 Sept 8th

Options
  • 30-03-2017 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

No thread probably has its own forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,679 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Always thought their plan was to keep it as one game and keep adding to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They couldn't multi-platform the first game, this is how they get around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dreamers75 wrote: »
    No thread probably has its own forum.

Yes it does -> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1739

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nah, not after the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Nah, not after the first one.

Never played it (I play on PC). What was the beef with it? Just nothing special, or deeper rooted problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

If they fix all the stuff wrong with the first one they could get it right, that being release it on PC this time...

Never played it (I play on PC). What was the beef with it? Just nothing special, or deeper rooted problems?

Mechanically it was great, the main issue for me anyway was the story or lack of and the bull**** they pulled around launch and the problems associated with it in development. I bailed after the 1st DLC they took enough of my time at that point and no way I'll buy another Destiny game. The lore was totaly bollox too you had to pick it up in game and then go read it on the website

Maybe the DLC "fixed" the story but why should people have to pay for that. Hard to know were the blame lies , activision or bungie but I don;t have the reverance for bungie others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Maybe I will be corrected but Destiny looks like Halo and Borderlands adopted a child.

I never really played any Halo games but I got over the nonsense plot of Borderlands very quickly because it was awesome, Destiny looked to me like a middle of the road of both.

Kids had Destiny on Ps3 and it didnt get played much, I bought it preowned and it somehow needed a DLC to actually play properly, so they gave up on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Falthyron wrote: »
    Meh.

I actually second that.

I tried first one and it was babies first console mmorpg. No interest in it at all. Then again, I got very little interest in anything new triple A.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Maybe I will be corrected but Destiny looks like Halo and Borderlands adopted a child.

I never really played any Halo games but I got over the nonsense plot of Borderlands very quickly because it was awesome, Destiny looked to me like a middle of the road of both.

Kids had Destiny on Ps3 and it didnt get played much, I bought it preowned and it somehow needed a DLC to actually play properly, so they gave up on it.

Yeah the base game basically became unplayable after the second or 3rd update such was the bs with the games story.

borderlands was shoot and loot , destiny was shoot loot... if you're very lucky and have the time to grind for mats and daily quests mmo style.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I just intensely dislike bullet sponge mechanics. I could live with Borderlands meets Halo if it wasn't so spongy - Borderlands is just about as far as I could go with such things (whereas I tried The Division and that made me very frustrated).

Shiminay wrote: »
    I just intensely dislike bullet sponge mechanics. I could live with Borderlands meets Halo if it wasn't so spongy - Borderlands is just about as far as I could go with such things (whereas I tried The Division and that made me very frustrated).

Borderlands had a much bigger and varied world and story/characters/enemies too. Even if they were sponges on the true vault hunter modes they were different enough to keep you shooting.

EDIT: I'm nearly sure I said here before if destiny had copied borderland drop in drop out co-op ditched PvP etc and had consistent loot mechanic and story it could have been great , no need for the faux mmo aspects at all.

I played 1000 hours+ of borderlands 2 ffs without grinding mats

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I didnt mind Borderlands sponginess, I mean I was fighting something 10 times the size of me and it gave me the bazillion weapons to fight these guys. So your never concerned about level more so weapons. Borderlands nailed that.

Division can fcuk right off tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

The gameplay mechanics themselves were pretty great. The problem is they cut the story down so much to the point it was little more than a distraction (there's even one quote by an NPC who says something like "We have to do XYZ and I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain")

Then there were so many different types of currencies in the game to buy different things and limits on how much of some types of currency you could earn per week that forced you to grind to an insane degree. Then it turned out a lot of what you could buy were purely cosmetic anyway (different spaceships and hoverbikes).

They fixed a lot of the above in the DLC but by that point a lot of the damage had been done and the game was somewhat tarnished.

That being said, at its core it was a pretty great game and I enjoyed a lot of what I played of it, to the point where I'm actually going to get it again with the DLC and give it another shot before D2 comes out. It will be a big factor in whether or not I get D2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So it has potential if Bungie learned from the mistakes of the first title....

I wonder, does Microsoft still have a minority stake in Bungie? If so, will we see Destiny 2 as a DX12, and therefore Windows 10 exclusive on PC? Just being cynical here really.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So it has potential if Bungie learned from the mistakes of the first title....

I wonder, does Microsoft still have a minority stake in Bungie? If so, will we see Destiny 2 as a DX12, and therefore Windows 10 exclusive on PC? Just being cynical here really.

Nothing to do with Microsoft anymore, their exclusive deals are with playstation. It'll be a steam release most likely.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Nothing to do with Microsoft anymore, their exclusive deals are with playstation. It'll be a steam release most likely.

I think someone already found something stating that Playstation have timed exclusivity on some content for at least 6 months.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Penn wrote: »
    I think someone already found something stating that Playstation have timed exclusivity on some content for at least 6 months.

With the first game it was a year, so probably will be the same again, would imagine pc will get that stuff same time as Xbox. There's still content from the first game not yet available on Xbox as far as i know.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    With the first game it was a year, so probably will be the same again, would imagine pc will get that stuff same time as Xbox. There's still content from the first game not yet available on Xbox as far as i know.

Yeah there's currently confusion as to whether it's 6 months or a year as people found something saying it would be exclusive until Fall 2018, but they think it might be from Australia and their seasons are reversed (their Fall 2018 would be our Spring 2018).

• Advertisement
Advertisement