Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

isle of wight festival (worth it)

Options
  • 30-03-2017 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Looking into planning an 8 man mates stag for isle of wight festival 2018, (early I know). Would anyone have advice/stories from pass travels to it. Is it worth this financially/travel /length/hassle in general.When I finish my Aldi time machine, first stop isle of wight 2012.. If Carlesberg could do line ups......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

I'm literally looking in to the same thing for a Stah, so would be eager to hear too.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭loveboat captain

I've been once, ironically it was 2012! Never thought I'd get the chance to see those 3 headliners in one place so couldn't miss it. Getting there was ok, we flew Belfast to Southampton, then got the ferry over. That year they had torrential rain the day before we landed so the island was at a standstill. We were stuck in one spot for about 6 hours, not the fault of anyone though so we just sucked it up.

I loved the island, would definitely go back to it (we stayed for a week). Re the festival, its not really for me. I found the site layout a bit strange, a long, thin site where you had to walk through every stage to get to the main stage area. We also found there was a bit of an end of year school vibe about the place, quite a lot of rich English kids in attendance. In short it's not for us anymore but it may well be up your street!

Advertisement