Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Chocolate Digstive Biscuits.

• 30-03-2017 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭

Were 400g a packet, now only 300g a packet.

New price is 49c a packet. Can't remember what the old price was. But that's a 25% reduction in packet size. I certainly don't think they were costing 66c a packet. But I could be wrong.

There is no notice that the packets are smaller. You need to search for the weight on the side of the packet.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I think it was about 60 or 70c a packet before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Allinall

The notice is on the side of the packet.

Where else would you expect it to be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

So the pack has shrunk, but you cannot remember the old price so you do not know. And that is a rip off?

Are you mad?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

old post of mine about lidl biscuits.
    rubadub wrote: »
    22-08-2014
    woodchuck wrote: »
    Personally I much prefer the chocolate digestives in Lidl. (I only go for the dark chocolate ones!)
    I had both milk & dark, the dark ones are good alright, a few other people ate them and were all impressed. Then they were shocked that they were only 65cent for 400g

So yet another thread more suited to bargain alerts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

so they reduced the package content by 25% and also reduced the price by 25%. Yeah OP you're right, horrible rip off merchants. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭C3PO

49c for a packet of chocolate digestives and it's a "rip off"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,347 ✭✭✭✭endacl

C3PO wrote: »
    49c for a packet of chocolate digestives and it's a "rip off"?

Well, they are compulsory biscuits. It's not as if the OP had a choice about whether or not to purchase.

Advertisement