Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince Charles and Camilla visiting Kilkenny in May

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I saw a video of the motorcade but there was almost nothing to see, seemed like a waste for the people lining the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,002 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I saw a video of the motorcade but there was almost nothing to see, seemed like a waste for the people lining the streets

Window down and hand waving is all you ever get, think they were going a sedate enough pace. I remember being taken out of middle school in UK so we could stand and watch Charles and Diana go by, they were going about 50 and didn't slow down, well I presume they were in the car, couldn't tell! Not that I cared in the slightest, I'd probably missed maths or something.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Window down and hand waving is all you ever get, think they were going a sedate enough pace. I remember being taken out of middle school in UK so we could stand and watch Charles and Diana go by, they were going about 50 and didn't slow down, well I presume they were in the car, couldn't tell! Not that I cared in the slightest, I'd probably missed maths or something.

Hehe :D

Someone posted this up on facebook and it seems fairly accurate

18402834_1483935571651257_3579581750046694813_n.jpg?oh=7f8b0d67fd125eecb40e6d2b75423243&oe=59AB94BB
    link

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kkapp

Well when they arrived in Kilkenny by helicopter into the castle park, they then came by car and got out at the gate of the castle and they both got out and shook hands and spoke with every person who down as far as the market and then went in there and conversed. So whoever said they stayed in car was misinformed...

kkapp wrote: »
    Well when they arrived in Kilkenny by helicopter into the castle park, they then came by car and got out at the gate of the castle and they both got out and shook hands and spoke with every person who down as far as the market and then went in there and conversed. So whoever said they stayed in car was misinformed...

Was it possible for anyone to get to the Parade and into the market? The videos I seen were all from High Street or the top of the Parade. I'd read about them going into the market after the bit in the castle alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

So how did it go today? Seemed to have went fairly well from the reports and photos, Charles seemed like a good sport, and most of the boxes got ticked.

No one embarrassed themselves fawning I hope?

There seems to be something of a s**t storm over the Irish Flag/Tricolour not being flown over Kilkenny Castle.

Is it normally flown there all year round (though obviously lowered at sunset)?

There was a black & amber one hoisted and two others, guessing Welsh one but not sure of the third one.

Local journalist indicated this was "protocol" but didn't know anything else.

So what is the protocol and who issues such protocol:

Dept. of Foreign Affairs?

British Embassy?

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    There seems to be something of a s**t storm over the Irish Flag/Tricolour not being flown over Kilkenny Castle.

Is it normally flown there all year round (though obviously lowered at sunset)?

There was a black & amber one hoisted and two others, guessing Welsh one but not sure of the third one.

Local journalist indicated this was "protocol" but didn't know anything else.

So what is the protocol and who issues such protocol:

Dept. of Foreign Affairs?

British Embassy?
    Can you point me in the direction of the aforementioned ****storm?

I think they usually don't fly a flag.. and just put up one when someone is visiting

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

C_i99zGXcAAuV1_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Mankbag

Hehe :D

Someone posted this up on facebook and it seems fairly accurate

18402834_1483935571651257_3579581750046694813_n.jpg?oh=7f8b0d67fd125eecb40e6d2b75423243&oe=59AB94BB
    link

Clearly you didn't see the RTE lunchtime or teatime TV news.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Can you point me in the direction of the aforementioned ****storm?

I think they usually don't fly a flag.. and just put up one when someone is visiting

Facebook misery junkies just looking for an angle to be outraged about...the water charges cult, Joan Burton, the Central Access Scheme, outrage, homelessness...does that help at all?

• Advertisement

road_high wrote: »
    Facebook misery junkies just looking for an angle to be outraged about...the water charges cult, Joan Burton, the Central Access Scheme, outrage, homelessness...does that help at all?

No it doesn't

Mankbag wrote: »
    Clearly you didn't see the RTE lunchtime or teatime TV news.

Well I don't live in ireland anymore so nope I didn't, but from the photos I saw it looked bang on

1494505266110.jpg--royal_visit__cavalcade_passes_down_kilkenny_s_high_street_and_arrives_at_cartoon_saloon.jpg?1494505269000

No it doesn't

You said you were looking for the ****storm? Well like clock work the aforementioned provided it right on cue.

road_high wrote: »
    You said you were looking for the ****storm? Well like clock work the aforementioned provided it right on cue.

Ah ok, I meant like a link to where it's happening, I have no idea where those groups are active online

Ah ok, I meant like a link to where it's happening, I have no idea where those groups are active online

Seen it all on local media sites...incessant whining about flags and the costs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Tychoo

It was a great day. its a shame they didn't have a pint in the The Tholsel Bar,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,085 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shame no one got a pic. It seems it was the visit that wasn't as there is simple no photo evidence it ever took place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement