Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 16 | The First Day... [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 30-03-2017 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

2s19khu.jpg

SEASON 7 FINALE

The Walking Dead - Season 7

Episode 16 - "The First Day of the Rest of Your Life"

Airdate - April 2nd on AMC at 9/8c | April 3rd on FOX UK at 9PM

The stakes continue to grow higher as paths cross; the group enacts an intricate plan.

* This is an extended 85 minute episode (including commercials)
    * The Walking Dead will return for Season 8 in October 2017

Promo

Sneak Peek

Sneak Peek 2

How did you rate this episode? 186 votes

0%
    2%
    Reg'stoyJuwwi8mvLovely Bloke 4 votes
    4%
    ScraggsTonyD79Rob30888norabattieCramCycledownesyDirty Dingus McGeesabhailOkon 9 votes
    14%
    leche solaraDubTonyNeo#[Deleted User]TriangleLone StonePrefab SprouterBandana boyleft_behinddori_dormerAdamBpmctShane St.rednogginebbsyOmackeralNelly 21Billydocredrumscoolisin 27 votes
    18%
    YakuzaMr EmachiavellianmeHoward the DuckNUTZZclaivaDamien360Ordinary manDecuc500Deedsienok2008charlietheminxxterryduff12donal666dirtydenZero-CoolNufcNavanCasey78Paul_Mc1988CPSW 34 votes
    17%
    Washoutbig sykestorkerTerrorFirmerTristram5starpoolDubh GeannainfrashYakultkilkennykittenPotential-MonkeHank ScorpiorobertpattersonpatsatSudden Valleyricerochrisiredr.kenneth noisewaterMillFieldbrianregan09 33 votes
    11%
    tvnutzJoeyJJdegrassinoelmusiknonstopJohn MasonwillowthewispHande hoche![Deleted User]parttimeFAILSAFE 00kop77OneOfThem StumbledRoger HassenforderRothkoTheShowEoghanIRLCurlysue76Rosie RantMike TobaccorodneyTrotter. 22 votes
    13%
    pHKeyzernc6000sumsarjap gthotshots85rayfitzharrisFreeOSCARMayoForSamuncleoswaldLuke-mPennclancyoo7biggebruvirish_stevo815maximooseJesus ShavesJohn_D80LiamaloneKenjataimu 25 votes
    9%
    La_GordygazzerGordon GekkoGBXgoose06razorbluntskipper_GDarth MelkorHazysobriendjpedatrontommy2badirishguitarladpeteeeedMuirshin DurkinThelomen ToblackaistronglikebullArdrageen 18 votes
    7%
    coLDrag00n79WibbsNanocAlso Starring LeVar BurtonShelflifetony1980ElChe32deafroadrunnerjohnpatrick81BigFatGiantWabbit Earsdavo2001AidoEirE 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

As a side note, showrunner Scott Gimple says the season 7 finale won't finish on a cliffhanger: "It has an ending"
    Scott Gimple shared his thoughts on the upcoming finale with Entertainment Weekly, and promised that fans will be very, very happy with what they've come up with.

"I just think it's everything," he said. "It is everything and the kitchen sink.

"It is exciting and it's very emotional and I believe it's funny in a couple parts, and it builds and builds and builds and it explodes.

"And though it promises more – because there is a whole lot to get to – there is an ending."

"It really is just a huge episode inasmuch as it has all of the flavours of this season," Gimple added.

"It is taking your cup and going down each soda jet and taking a little from each one and then throwing in some hot sauce, a little bit of lime, and then maybe a tiny bit of tequila as well."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Some random predictions:

Sasha dies, negan is temporarily defeated, maggie gives birth.

then all the characters celebrate in alexandria with a meal like in the season premiere vision, they all make a toast to glenn, abraham and sasha, and to maggies baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Dear God this season was dreadful. I didn't watch week to week and only this weekend I binge watched the whole thing. There weren't any episodes that were stand out and the finale wasn't great. There was some tension when the dumpster group turned on Rick and co but overall it wasn't great. I would have expected that to have happened in the third or fourth episode and the finale would be the final showdown between Rick and Negan.

I really cant believe they dragged this out for 16 episodes. Now we have another season of Rick v Negan :rolleyes: The first season was by far the best and they could have condensed everything that happened in this season into 6 good episodes. I know that every episode can't be action packed but it's beyond a joke now. It's like watching a soap where we have to focus on people's feelings etc, rather than a gritty post apocalyptic setting.

I'm not even excited for the next season :( I used to be a big fan of this show and would defend it with the passion of a true keyboard warrior but it really has lost it's edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

NUTZZ wrote: »
    As a side note, showrunner Scott Gimple says the season 7 finale won't finish on a cliffhanger: "It has an ending"
    and you believed gimple :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well it didn't have a cliffhanger (compared to S6).

The finale was pretty decent. The last 15 minutes were a bit of a crowd pleaser and a nice payoff for the dwindling few that stuck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

I wonder did sasha have an idea of what was going to happen or why did she do what she did? I know negan told her some things. Also why was Maggie in the final scenes with sasha? Seems a bit bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

So was the intent to make it look like Sasha was getting off with a vibrator in the dark or am i missing some thing. And that ending i think i downloaded an unfinished video file, or did it end with
    toxic avenger woman shooting rick in the side he gets kicked down and it just ends ?
    :confused: [edit] well i miss a fair bit re-watched it.

All in all it was a good episode really hated the sasha flash backs, those two have zero chemistry and that kiss was dreadful. Really enjoyable episode but again this season was so bad most of the episodes might as well have not existed this could have easily been episode six. And i was really not expecting those guys to turn on the group like that.It was a good season ending but again still think it was a bad season overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I won't be bothering with s8 week to week.. I'll just wait till all 16 can be binged. .
    There's nowhere near enough payoff for weekly watching.. that 10min skirmish should have been the mid season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Jesus, what a crap ending, so to summarize, nothing has changed, a few random nobodies were killed but everything is still the same.

They should have given this show a dignified ending a couple of seasons ago. It would have finished as one of the best shows of all time, but now they are just dragging it through the mud.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I really enjoyed it. I don't read the comics and actively avoid spoilers so some of the twists I found quite good. I lolled at the moment early on between Jadis, Michonne and Rick. I genuinely thought
    Carl was going to die when Negan swung Lucille
    Hopefully all the build up and group introductions BS is out of the way now and Season 8 will have a decent pace.

Just to clarify
    I assume the wee carved soldier with the message "didn't know" was left by Dwight or have I missed something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Who directs these fight scenes. It looks like something a 10 year old would do. About 200 people with machine guns in an area the size of a town square and only the good guys can shoot someone from 5 yards away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

And how did everyone know who was on which side? Even the tiger knew not to chow down on Karl and company. The last two episodes have featured the least inspired fire fights I've seen in a long time.

I'm mildly interested by where this leaves some plot points, what will happen to the oceansiders, Negans interest in Maggie, Dwight still in sanctuary. I don't have much faith that they will be well handled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

And how did everyone know who was on which side? Even the tiger knew not to chow down on Karl and company...

:D This made me laugh when watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

wish this'd stop trying to be game of thrones. This entire season was shíte.

Season 3 and 4 did this exact same formula, and much much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

That deus ex Shiva moment was hilariously bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Jesus, as bad as the Sasha flash/dream things were (considering nobody has ever given a f*ck about Sasha), cutting to one right when Negan opens the coffin just killed the whole momentum of that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Love the insinuation that sasha was **** in the coffin :-D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well, that was a bit of let down.

how did anyone even know who to shoot and as for the tiger :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Didn't they do the same flashback-type thing/talking to dead people, with Tyreese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭RockSalto

That episode summed up the season - frustrating. Those flashbacks. :mad:

Does anybody actually care about Sasha...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

That's twice Karl had a shot at Negan with a semi automatic ....failed to make a shot twice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Good idea terrible execution ......the 'battle' scene was just haphazard, looked rushed not very well thought out in filming and well just rubbish really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Jesus that was god awful. Wtf was she doing in a coffin for a start anyway???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,928 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

where did dwight get a a sharpee?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I've had wet farts with more tension and suspense than that episode. What a seriously underwhelming experience.

Everything about the garbage people annoys the life out of me and I mean everything. I want to know which dope is most directly responsible for that creation so I can send a combination of strongly worded letters and pictures of dog faeces to them illustrating how bad their idea was and how much I hate it.

All the Sasha flashback stuff killing what little momentum the episode had didn't help. I found myself wishing it would end, and for the second year in a row I'm glad this show is finished.

The junkyard group and that whole storyline needs to die. Their whole schtick will never not be stupid.

It was ridiculous having Sasha travelling the whole journey in the coffin - I know it was addressed in her conversation with Negan beforehand ("I want to sleep"), but seriously, NOBODY thought that maybe she might suffocate on the way?? (edit: I know she took Eugene's poison, but I meant from their perspective in a purely practical sense, not knowing that she had the poison). I mean, come on! Clunky plot device is clunky.

I was distinctly meh about this whole season really. After a stonking opener, it was pretty weak overall. I found King Ezekiel not believable (the concept/storyline, not the actor) and as for Jadis et al....just no. I would imagine that the writers and creators will be watching fan reaction to this season and hopefully S8 will be fantastic. Sometimes comic book characters just don't translate well to the screen.

I'm also getting a little tired of Negan looking at someone and doing his little sway with his tongue poking out and saying "oh! <insert plot point that he just figured out here>"

And where did Gregory go?...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Was the child Judith?

I assume Dwight left the toy soldier?

skipper_G wrote: »
    Everything about the garbage people annoys the life out of me and I mean everything. I want to know which dope is most directly responsible for that creation so I can send a combination of strongly worded letters and pictures of dog faeces to them illustrating how bad their idea was and how much I hate it.

Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Was the child Judith?

I assume Dwight left the toy soldier?

What child?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    The junkyard group and that whole storyline needs to die. Their whole schtick will never not be stupid.

It was ridiculous having Sasha travelling the whole journey in the coffin - I know it was addressed in her conversation with Negan beforehand ("I want to sleep"), but seriously, NOBODY thought that maybe she might suffocate on the way?? I mean, come on! Clunky plot device is clunky.

I was distinctly meh about this whole season really. After a stonking opener, it was pretty weak overall. I found King Ezekiel not believable (the concept/storyline, not the actor) and as for Jadis et al....just no. I would imagine that the writers and creators will be watching fan reaction to this season and hopefully S8 will be fantastic. Sometimes comic book characters just don't translate well to the screen.

I'm also getting a little tired of Negan looking at someone and doing his little sway with his tongue poking out and saying "oh! <insert plot point that he just figured out here>"

And where did Gregory go?...

In case you're saying she did suffocate, she took Eugenes poison and died.

Overall, meh. The gang arriving in the nick of time was lame, and the firefight lamer. It needs a break so someone can get their sh1t together in the writing dept.

Advertisement