Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 16 | The First Day... [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

In case you're saying she did suffocate, she took Eugenes poison and died.

Of course I knew that. I was talking about from their perspective.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Its weird, I enjoyed it but I should not have, So many issues but I still enjoyed it.
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    So was the intent to make it look like Sasha was getting off with a vibrator in the dark or am i missing some thing. And that ending i think i downloaded an unfinished video file, or did it end with
    toxic avenger woman shooting rick in the side he gets kicked down and it just ends ?
    :confused: [edit] well i miss a fair bit re-watched it.
    It did seem like that was what they were doing, I though Negan had given her a vibrator as a present. You missed tons of the episode.
    All in all it was a good episode really hated the sasha flash backs, those two have zero chemistry and that kiss was dreadful. Really enjoyable episode but again this season was so bad most of the episodes might as well have not existed this could have easily been episode six. And i was really not expecting those guys to turn on the group like that.It was a good season ending but again still think it was a bad season overall.
    It was weird, because I thought they were well acted but they clearly made no sense which made it odd to watch.
    Scraggs wrote: »
    Just to clarify
    I assume the wee carved soldier with the message "didn't know" was left by Dwight or have I missed something?
    It had to be, hence the stupid thing that Daryl was the one to conveniently find it. Sort of made sense as he would remember them from the compound but a stretch.
    Brego888 wrote: »
    Who directs these fight scenes. It looks like something a 10 year old would do. About 200 people with machine guns in an area the size of a town square and only the good guys can shoot someone from 5 yards away.
    Its like everyone turned into a drunken stormtrooper once they had to shoot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Dire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

TWD why you so sheeeeeettt!!!???

Like others said, this was a mid season finale at best. The worst thing about the show is that they have some great stories from the comic they can use but it looks like they have zero ideas left and are dragging out this arc, it's very strange. Rick has been a mopey bitch for so long now. I found myself actually caring at one point though, I thought Simon was going to get killed and I tensed up.

They need a drastic change for next season, show runner, writers, haircut for Carl, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I decided to give it a watch since it was the last of the season. Total trash. A fitting finale for the worst season of the show.

We had the old, worn out cliché of a dead character brought back to life in a dream sequence. Those scenes with Abraham and Sasha were so terribly boring throughout this episode, especially the one near the end with the cheesy guitar chords.

Then we had my old mate Austin Tatious aka Negan back to his usual preening, gurning OTT self. He was insufferable as usual. "Wellll sheeeeet, lawdy, dawdy, blah, blah, blah". This guy should have been killed off by now. Speaking of which, the stuff with Dwight at the start went absolutely nowhere. Total waste of time. "They’re all Negan" he says – that's obviously untrue. It has been said before but, with the exception of Simon, there is nothing of note to the rest of them, making this whole storyline DUMB.

Then the scene with Sasha - just one person has to die – what a cop out. Pathetic way to avoid killing off many characters so they can drag out more seasons of this trash.

Then there was Carol in the Solid Snake gear. F*cking hysterical. And Morgan trying to be Gray Fox. Carol must be the most ricockulous character arc of all time. Remember every time you watch these scenes that in the timeline of the show it's only a few years since she was a battered housewife. It's kinda like if on Eastenders many years ago Little Mo had returned to Albert Square as a badass, talking about her SAS military techniques. In other words, DUMB.

Speaking of dumb, bring on the Shakespearean King and his painful dialogue: "Cease this folly" he tells Morgan. Funny that's exactly how I feel about you and that CGI tiger.

I missed a few episodes so I don't know anything about those people with the weird accents and I suspect, for the sake of my sanity, that's a good thing.

By the way, where are the walkers? Remember when this zombie show was about, uh, zombies? And actually presented them as a threat, rather than a plot device to carry the weekly political bickering that nobody cares about?

And Rick being willing to kill Eugene seemed harsh since it's not long ago Eugene was blubbering a heartfelt goodbye to him in last season's finale.

The coffin shtick was really DUMB. Just for an underwhelming jump scare that only served to kill peripheral characters. If our big baddie is such an evil genius, here's two quick questions: 1) why did he not check that there were sufficient air holes (later we heard Eugene using this as an excuse to cover for her taking the capsule). Was this just so Eugene would have an excuse to offer? Question 2) why did the coffin have to remain closed for the ENTIRE journey down there? Couldn't just stop a minute from the place and shut the lid? So lazy.

And then the big final scene - the f*cking CGI tiger makes the run in for the save! Are you sh*tting me?! So none of the henchmen have peripheral vision to be able to spot a giant f*cking cat running at them? In broad daylight?! Amazing too how it knows how to distinguish between goodies and baddies isn't it? You know what they say, tigers are a king's best friend. Still, nice of Vangelis to provide the battle music.

Thumbs way, way down. Appallingly DUMB. 1/10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,886 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Robsweezie wrote:
    maggie gives birth.

Maggie still looks about four weeks pregnant. In other words not at all. Ridiculous continuity.
    DoozerT6 wrote:
    It was ridiculous having Sasha travelling the whole journey in the coffin - I know it was addressed in her conversation with Negan beforehand ("I want to sleep"), but seriously, NOBODY thought that maybe she might suffocate on the way?? I mean, come on! Clunky plot device is clunky.

She didn't suffocate, she took Eugene's poison. The stupid "she was rubbing one off!" effects were from the pill kicking in.

In other news, Michonne did a complete about-face from badass to weakling, Ezekiel thinks he's Theodwlen and there's no such thing as crossfire.

I'd love to say I'm done with this programme but I'm like a cigarette addict with it. I know it's crap but I can't help myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What are the kingdom's soldiers "armour" meant to protect them from anyway? Nerf darts? Its totally pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Dial Hard wrote: »

She didn't suffocate, she took Eugene's poison. The stupid "she was rubbing one off!" effects were from the pill kicking in.

Yes I knew that. I obviously didn't phrase it properly in my post. I was talking from their perspective - "wait a minute, might be a bad idea to have her travel in a sealed coffin for a couple of hours - she might die!" etc. It was clunky and silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

No matter what this episode could never of compensated for how bad and slow the season as a whole was.

So much filler combined with atrocious new groups and characters is making it near unbearable to watch. Ezekial and his group need no explanation, riding into battle with a tiger and a flag for fcuk sake! and this garbage group...I mean come on...lol. Whats with the broken, cryptic English?! Negan and his group are too corny as well, his shtick makes him cringey and not menacing.

Any sort of reality the show had has left the building and has been replaced with nonsense. The days of watching this from week to week are gone, it needs to be bulked watched now imo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

naughto wrote: »
    What child?
    At Maggies house, there was a child who was about a year or two older than Judith. My daughter informed me this was Judith but I don't recall her moving or growing up.
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Rick has been a mopey bitch for so long now.
    He did have mopey bitvh face on for a few minutes but then he turned around and aid, to hell with it, kill my son, I am going to F U in the A, Hardly mopey. I think it is weird that you can tell how mopey he is going to be in the next scene based on how much hairgel is weighing down his fringe.
    What are the kingdom's soldiers "armour" meant to protect them from anyway? Nerf darts? Its totally pointless.
    I presume bites?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

CramCycle wrote: »

I presume bites?

But it only covers a tiny area, leaving most of them exposed. Its like the pads they wear in that pretend-American football for models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Rubbish
    Like most of the season
    I'm done now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

But it only covers a tiny area, leaving most of them exposed. Its like the pads they wear in that pretend-American football for models.

The lingerie football league? that's far from pretend.......some of the scraps in that would put twd to shame :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Great episode.Classic The Walking Dead.

And really this episode shows what the show should be doing all the time.Almost every episode should have this level of intensity and excitement to it and yet the producers are clearly dragging the ****e out of the show for money which is a real shame.At it's best The Walking Dead is probably my all time favourite show but there are just far too many filler episodes where nothing happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Now i remember that fight out with the governor where no matter where they shot they hit no one, so im calling bull**** if you think this was the worst shoot out they ever had :op

Why did no one think to shoot the big cat eating people, I know no one could shoot straight but it's a big target ........and why did no one on other side make it a mission to target Negan in the crossfire, even to die for the cause ....kill him and it's over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

pure and utter ****e, I only got into the walking dead in the last year so I binged watched the whole series up until about half way through series 7 when I caught up.

I dunno if any of you lads remember but my god you can see it get worse and worse as each series comes and goes, was easy for me to notice because of the binge watching but this finale was terrible.

I kinda hope negan kills them all because I actually like him....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    pure and utter ****e, I only got into the walking dead in the last year so I binged watched the whole series up until about half way through series 7 when I caught up.

I dunno if any of you lads remember but my god you can see it get worse and worse as each series comes and goes, was easy for me to notice because of the binge watching but this finale was terrible.

I kinda hope negan kills them all because I actually like him....
    which negan?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I gave it a generous 6, but I'm regretting it now, as it was probably more like a 4.

There were a lot of annoying things about it, most of them covered already (magic all knowing Tiger, daft inaccurate fighting, stupid bin people talking and arriving in bin trucks) but one not mentioned so far is how Sasha zombie wasn't able to bite Negan (although he struggled to move her which is again, another cliche), but the guy that pulled her off got munched immediately. Funnier than all this though, is that zombie Sasha presumably munched away for another while before wandering away from a very noisy area, only to get 'poignantly' killed later in the episode with no struggle at all by Maggie.

Sigh.

I didn't see the twist of the bin people coming (I probably should have though), but hopefully that's the last we see of them, and it probably will be given how hated they are and they will be dropped entirely I'd say. Also, what was she asking for? I couldn't make out what she said to Rick about a deal (I got some of it, but not the important bit, even though I listened to it 3 times), and I couldn't figure out what she wanted 12 of but Negan was giving her 10 of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,284 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think what amuses me more than the tiger with a selective hunger for saviour's is that people are complaining about how **** this season has been, similar to last season. Same people will probably be on here this time next year saying the very same thing again. It must be doing something right if the people who hate it are on here talking about it season after season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Why did no one think to shoot the big cat eating people, I know no one could shoot straight but it's a big target ........and why did no one on other side make it a mission to target Negan in the crossfire, even to die for the cause ....kill him and it's over

How many feckin tyres were on that yoke he drove off in?
    Could no one shoot a tyre or two to wobble the thing:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Crap it looks like i missed the ending of the stream i was watching. Last bit I saw was your one kicking rick off the platform

Mc Love wrote: »
    Crap it looks like i missed the ending of the stream i was watching. Last bit I saw was your one kicking rick off the platform

Skip what's left and just watch an episode of the A Team.....you'll get the general jist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Mc Love wrote: »
    There's another 20 mins after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

5starpool wrote: »
    I couldn't figure out what she wanted 12 of but Negan was giving her 10 of.
    People

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭duffman13

bazz26 wrote: »
    I think what amuses me more than the tiger with a selective hunger for saviour's is that people are complaining about how **** this season has been, similar to last season. Same people will probably be on here this time next year saying the very same thing again. It must be doing something right if the people who hate it are on here talking about it season after season.

To be fair if you look at the numbers posting in the forum it seems to be way down. Seasons 1-4 or 5 id be fairly regularly reading the forum or news about TWD however now I just really have a passing interest. I'll try stick with it but it's getting harder and a few mates have already given up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

bazz26 wrote: »

I think people are committed to the series after watching 4/5 amazing seasons in the hope that it will be as entertaining as the previous seasons.

For me, it feels really predictable. Every time something horrible is about to happen to Rick's group, they are somehow saved. It would've been more exciting (for me) if Negan killed Carl and we watched Rick's reaction while the Kingdom arrived in the middle of the trauma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Woeful stuff altogether. Stupid CGI tiger leaping into the kill scene was so predictable. The gunfight was like a gang of kids in a playground playing cowboys and Indians. The Jean Michel Jarre tune in the background was a throwback to the 70's. At least Sasha is history (new gig on Star Trek TV show coming up for Sonequa Martin), pointless flashbacks with Carrothead then a pointless death. What happened to badass Michonne and her katana when she needed it? I think I'm done but my missus is still a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

There's no tension.

Daryl with the knife to Dwights eye. He was never going to do it. Michone on the balcony. If it was her falling theyd have given her a better send off.. karrrrrl was never going to get bashed..
    Haven't lost a major character since the first episode of this series. Heath doesn't count.

They need to start popping folks off, like gregory comes back and shanks Maggie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Woeful stuff altogether. Stupid CGI tiger leaping into the kill scene was so predictable. The gunfight was like a gang of kids in a playground playing cowboys and Indians. The Jean Michel Jarre tune in the background was a throwback to the 70's. At least Sasha is history (new gig on Star Trek TV show coming up for Sonequa Martin), pointless flashbacks with Carrothead then a pointless death. What happened to badass Michonne and her katana when she needed it? I think I'm done but my missus is still a fan.

Stick it out man.Judging by your username you're used to sticking with hopeless causes.

Advertisement