Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 16 | The First Day... [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Fairly so-so episode. As said by others, it felt like a mid season finale. Hope it picks up the pace a bit in the "war" next season. Still at least Tobin is still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

5starpool wrote: »
    Also, what was she asking for? I couldn't make out what she said to Rick about a deal (I got some of it, but not the important bit, even though I listened to it 3 times), and I couldn't figure out what she wanted 12 of but Negan was giving her 10 of.

Inches.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

I laughed when someone mentioned the A-Team earlier on in the thread, the battle reminded me of an episode of it! 
    Was a better finale than I expected purely due to the action at the end.  I have stopped taking this show seriously (a zombie show been taken serious, more fool me) or letting it get to me as there is a list a mile long of things that they are doing wrong (although one point to raise is that if Rick wanted Negan dead so badly and he is face to face and that close to him, why not go old school and take a chomp out of him like he did from the Claimer's throat from earlier in the series!). 
    I enjoyed Ezekiel's cheesy war cry and Shiva's timely intervention (and the fact that the tiger didn't start mauling everything in it's sight). 
    Hopefully series 8 will be the conclusion and wrap the story of Richard Grimes up and confide to TV history.
    I am a glutton for punishment, I am looking forward to seeing where the story in Fear The Walking Dead is going to go, roll on series 3! :-)

Jobs OXO wrote: »
    Tiger sized holes in the plot. Seriously don't try and rationalise it you'll give yourself brain damage

Yep. Quite how Negan & Co escape in a soft skinned truck while under point blank automatic rifle fire is another head scratcher.... Terribly choreographed fight scene for the last 15 mins or so IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Next season should be 6 episodes, all out war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭frash

Where did Gregory go?

Rick was shot in the stomach & pushed off a 30 foot high platform yet he's grand - FFS

Tiger knows the goodies from the baddies.

Junk yard people, that daft king, ...

enough already.

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Neegan so composed in his getaway that he flips the bird as he's driven away. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I gave it an 8 which is probably too much but I'm nearly judging it compared to the rest of the season.
    As others have said the gun battle was very poorly executed and unrealistic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Negan's theatricality nearly did him in, see its all part of careful plotting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Not sure where all the hate is coming from , I quite enjoyed it , plus we finally got to see Battle Cat in action

• Advertisement

Not a comic spoiler but sort of might hint at one
    Did anyone else think the cat jumped Negan at first? That would have been great if he died, then the next season could be a guerilla warfare epic as we see if the "I am Negan" BS holds up, rather than him surviving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

CramCycle wrote: »
    Not a comic spoiler but sort of might hint at one
    Did anyone else think the cat jumped Negan at first? That would have been great if he died, then the next season could be a guerilla warfare epic as we see if the "I am Negan" BS holds up, rather than him surviving.

honestly I would be fine if negan did die in this episode

imo Trevor from gtav Simon is it?

he's much more intense and comes off better in the funny and intense scary parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

On one hand, I was actually so relieved that SOMETHING happened, but my god, it was so poorly done it was almost laughable.

This whole season has been a steaming pile, but the worst part is that we'll all keep watching because we're so invested after so many seasons.

I initially really liked JDR as Negan but it's wearing extremely thin, is it just me or is it almost like he's getting more, and more irritatingly cartoon-like with every passing episode? He's like a comedy stage performer at this point.

That gun battle....words fail me. Dozens of people firing full automatic weapons at blank point range with minimal casulties. Some sort of presumably cyber-terminator-tiger that can distinguish friend from foe. The charge of the Light Brigade....from where, exactly, seeing as the Saviors had the main gate?

And those bin people - honest to god, what in the name of the lord above on the cross were they thinking?! Were they smoking and injecting crack when a team of writers came up with this? The guy with the umbrella casually hopping off the back of the garbage truck....OK. This is the Walking Dead now. This is what it's come to.

It would have been somewhat redeemed if Negan bashed that little emo shit's skull in and then the 'king' (and make no mistake, I was that ridiculous character DEAD) turns up to save what's left of the day.

Overall though, that episode is a solid ten for me. Ten out of a hundred.

So a one. An absolute travesty.

biggebruv wrote: »
    honestly I would be fine if negan did die in this episode

imo Trevor from gtav Simon is it?

he's much more intense and comes off better in the funny and intense scary parts

I think it would have been great if he had died, hard to tell if I would have preferred him to go out a hard ass laughing to the end, or if I would have enjoyed him breaking in front on his people and pissing his pants. hard to tell which is more plausible.

Trevor from GTA is awesome, not sure if he is a leader, he could be a great puppetmaster though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

MarkR wrote: »
    Neegan so composed in his getaway that he flips the bird as he's driven away. :rolleyes:

Was skimming through to see would anyone mention that bit!

Machine gun fire all around him but he has the utter confidence to roll down the window and do that at his leisure :rolleyes:

it was the most "yeah whatever" finale that they've done so boring I had to start forwarding the sasha flashbacks crap once ok that's fine but drawn out in parts through the whole episode F off after making us wait 8 weeks for this BIG WAR this is how is starts well it's pretty bad

it's like there trying to attempt game 0f thrones with this different community's and going to war stuff LOL

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

A very predictable plot line next season too is Eugene, partly because of Sasha, finding his balls and teaming up with Dwight to screw Negan from the inside.

A very predictable plot line next season too is Eugene, partly because of Sasha, finding his balls and teaming up with Dwight to screw Negan from the inside.

that's the mid season finale for s8 lol

they team up to take him down then we return for 8B they fail and die (shock twist) and negan go's back out to war next finale fails gets captured and locked up because some bull reason like rick wants him to suffer be to easy to kill him

eventually rick will want his help because he's the only one who can bla bla bla lol

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

What I learned from this episode.
    • It is surprisingly easy to scale Alexandria's fences with a tiger.
    • Small quantities of grass set alight in tin cans can reduce visability to 10 feet on a clear day.
    • Automatic rifles have a range of about 20 feet, after which point they will make sparking effects on the ground.
    • Saviours are really keen to prevent friendly fire: so much so they they will wait for their opponents to fire first.
    • Being shot in the abdomen may result in minor bruising.
    • The main terror device employed by the Saviours is the threat of being subjected to endless Negan monologues.

Why didn't hilltop and kingdom forces just come in by the front gate? Oh, I know, because that would make more sense, be easier, and result in Negan's crew getting killed or captured.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Fixed that for you ;-)
    What I learned from this episode.
    • It is surprisingly easy to scale Alexandria's fences with a tiger.
    • Small quantities of grass set alight in tin cans can reduce visability to 10 feet on a clear day.
    • Automatic rifles have a range of about 2 feet, after which point they will make sparking effects on the ground.
    • Saviours are really keen to prevent friendly fire: so much so they they will wait for their opponents to fire first.
    • Being shot in the abdomen may result in minor bruising.
    • The main terror device employed by the Saviours is the threat of being subjected to endless Negan monologues.

Why didn't hilltop and kingdom forces just come in by the front gate? Oh, I know, because that would make more sense, be easier, and result in Negan's crew getting killed or captured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Was thinking that, I'd be pretty certain half of next season will be him plotting getting found out and getting the bat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Terrible battle scenes, how could people be that close and the important characters have so much time to turn and pull trigger, Negan shooting runs out of bullets, next guy takes position and lion takes him out. That 5 seconds was so poorly executed, along with most of the fight scenes.

The garbage people, ffs its only about 5 years since society broke down and your speech is so badly regressed.

Negan half swing, ffs just kill the little runt of a prick.

"oh she must have run out of air", come on people, the surprise factor that sasha would just switch without some serious re conditioning or torture was a stretch, what was Negan expecting her to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

wish this'd stop trying to be game of thrones. This entire season was shíte.

Season 3 and 4 did this exact same formula, and much much better.

What??? The show is based on the comics, there is no correlation to GOT!!

PS, that isn't me defending or knocking the show, just stating the fact!

What??? The show is based on the comics, there is no correlation to GOT!!

I didn't get that either, Ezekiel was an actor and found that by acting out his king character people seemed to like, follow and obey to an extent. Nothing to with GOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Maggie is such an annoying character since she became pregnant thereon. The Hilltop Arc and the residents foaming at the idea of a stranger just recently after giving birth leading them though has really exacerbated this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

JoeyJJ wrote:
    The garbage people, ffs its only about 5 years since society broke down and your speech is so badly regressed.

Yeah lol! Can I have a go on your man or whatever it was she said. Wtf???😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Maggie is such an annoying character since she became pregnant thereon. The Hilltop Arc and the residents foaming at the idea of a stranger just recently after giving birth leading them  though has really exacerbated this.
    Did she give birth? Thought the child was Judith

Did she give birth? Thought the child was Judith

She has not given birth as they were scanning her in the episode or two before and she seemed to be barely pregnant then.

If that girl was hers, Judith would have to 5.

It was weird that Judith suddenly went from being a runt to a mini person, which makes Maggies pregnancy length seem odd. It could of course, just been some random child from the complex?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

Maggie is such an annoying character since she became pregnant thereon. The Hilltop Arc and the residents foaming at the idea of a stranger just recently after giving birth leading them though has really exacerbated this.

Maggie is still "heavily" pregnant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Why did Rick go ahead with their plan to take down Negan without having Hilltop there? How did they let the Junkyarders disable the dynamite? Why position all your people in front of the Junkyarders?

Seriously, Rick meets this group twice, one of those times they very nearly kill him. Yet he gives them an ass-load of guns and places his entire trust in them. He doesn't even try to get the Kingdom on side again (they came to fight of their own volition). He doesn't call in people from Hilltop. He doesn't offer any of the Oceanside group the chance to fight with them, just steals their guns and f*cks off. Yet he doesn't do the same with the Junkyarders, instead giving them every opportunity to get the drop on them.

Meanwhile, Sasha's big plan is become a walker and take out Negan purely on the chance that he's the one who opens the coffin. Negan could have easily gotten one of his men to open it, forced Rick to come down and open it himself, or even just opened the top half of the coffin in which case Walker-Sasha would have just flopped out.

Dwight's big plan was... ermm... hope for the best. Okay, he didn't know the Junkyarders were going to be with Negan, but he also did nothing to actually help Team Rick anyway.

Nobody even thought of shooting the tyres on Negan's truck when it was escaping, even though there were about 5 of them lined up shooting at its side for no reason.

And only by pure luck and timing is Carl still alive.

I said it before I'll say it again... they deserve to lose. I really don't know if I'll bother next season. The only reason I watch it now is Negan. In fairness, he was great in this episode.

Advertisement