Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 16 | The First Day... [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

CramCycle wrote: »
    I didn't get that either, Ezekiel was an actor and found that by acting out his king character people seemed to like, follow and obey to an extent. Nothing to with GOT.

Although it is one of the prime examples of the cartoonish route the show is going down which I am a bit dismayed with, I actually don't mind Ezekiel and the Kingdom guys that much. In fairness they did try a bit to address the bizareness of it all but Shiva is a bit too much so I just have to block that out!

Brego888 wrote: »
    Maggie is still "heavily" pregnant

ha! Makes her "You are our real leader" nonsense even worse! I actually wasn't sure, forgot Judith was up there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah lol! Can I have a go on your man or whatever it was she said. Wtf???😀

Found that amusing, her desire to "lay with him". Also the pre-battle cigar was certainly different.

Boring, predictable and stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The fight at the end was terrible, at one stage there of the baddies ran around the corner with automatic guns and miss the auld one and two goodies from point blank range, they then just waste them. The A team was a great comparason , they should have played the music when they showed the explosive set up.

The show is losing viewers by the truck load but there's no need for it there is still potential.

I guess I will watch it next year but it's lost a lot. The only time I liked it less was when Rick's wife was in it, the moan from prison break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I hadn't bothered with the 3rd and 4th last episodes. Just last weeks and then the finale. Next season I'll probably chop it down the the first and last episodes.
    I thought Maggie must have lost the baby, didn't look like she was pregnant.
    Azekiel and co, did they come in some secret entrance no one else knows about? They just appeared around the corner and surprised everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Stoner wrote: »
    The show is losing viewers by the truck load but there's no need for it there is still potential.

I'd say Andrew Lincoln is begging producers to kill Rick off at this stage. He must be fairly sick of playing the same character in the same routine for over half a decade.

Edit: Looking at IMDB, he hasn't really acted in anything else, despite having time outside the walking dead for filming other projects. Maybe he's just happy to collect a paycheck and relax for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Gave it a three. I mostly watch it to laugh at how bad it is now. That's why I gave it a three and not a one, it makes me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What??? The show is based on the comics, there is no correlation to GOT!!

Oh, I don't know about that. I've finally figured where Heath went after the incident in the river. Gendry has picked him up in the boat and they're rowing back to Westeros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Ann22 wrote: »
    Yeah lol! Can I have a go on your man or whatever it was she said. Wtf???😀

To be fair that would have been the funniest thing ever had she said that (especially in a Moore street accent)

but what she said was, 'he yours? I lay down with him when this is done'

she doesn't bother just takes....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Effects wrote: »
    I hadn't bothered with the 3rd and 4th last episodes. Just last weeks and then the finale. Next season I'll probably chop it down the the first and last episodes

2 mins each week, 'Previously on the Walking Dead'

Right, that's that. What else is on?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

sonofenoch wrote: »
    To be fair that would have been the funniest thing ever had she said that (especially in a Moore street accent)

but what she said was, 'he yours? I lay down with him when this is done'

she doesn't bother just takes....

She wanted to go "up up up up" on something alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I'd say Andrew Lincoln is begging producers to kill Rick off at this stage. He must be fairly sick of playing the same character in the same routine for over half a decade.

Edit: Looking at IMDB, he hasn't really acted in anything else, despite having time outside the walking dead for filming other projects. Maybe he's just happy to collect a paycheck and relax for the rest of the year.

I don't know if Lincoln is making what the major GoT actors are per episode but if he's making anything near it I don't blame him for being happy to collect the paycheck.

He gets the money and the cred of being one of the few consistently good things about the show. What's there not to be happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I'll go against the grain and say I like Negan. Loved his tale about Rick "It's about you Rick".

5starpool wrote: »
    A very predictable plot line next season too is Eugene, partly because of Sasha, finding his balls and teaming up with Dwight to screw Negan from the inside.

I'd prefer if Eugene didn't have a redemptive story arch, he's already had one. I'd prefer if he went the other way after Rick and Sasha tried to blow him up.

A plot from the inside to kill Negan will be really annoying as presumably Dwight will have literally endless opportunity to kill one person and even escape unharmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

davo2001 wrote: »
    Fixed that for you ;-)

You make a good point, after all one of the Saviours flips off a dozen people firing assault rifles at him, drives right past them, and they can't him him because he's out of range (at about 4-8 foot).

But this still doesn't explain why Rick's entire crew weren't killed before this. All of them are held at gunpoint. Negan gets surprised by a zombie, and all the people held at gunpoint kill their captors... were the captors' guns loaded at all? It would be sort of okay if this was a double-double bluff (that Alexandria knew the Scavengers would betray them and emptied their weapons before hand), but I don't think this is the case.

Mind you, can't help but feel sorry for the Saviours: they clearly were trying not to kill people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

What a mess. Think everything wrong has already been mentioned. I just can't wait till they get back to the farm, I long for those days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

You make a good point, after all one of the Saviours flips off a dozen people firing assault rifles at him, drives right past them, and they can't him him because he's out of range (at about 4-8 foot).

But this still doesn't explain why Rick's entire crew weren't killed before this. All of them are held at gunpoint. Negan gets surprised by a zombie, and all the people held at gunpoint kill their captors... were the captors' guns loaded at all? It would be sort of okay if this was a double-double bluff (that Alexandria knew the Scavengers would betray them and emptied their weapons before hand), but I don't think this is the case.

Mind you, can't help but feel sorry for the Saviours: they clearly were trying not to kill people.

I think they couldn't stop laughing at the bmx armour Ekeziel and his army were wearing.......that's the only conclusion I can come to as why so many shots missed

I love Eugene but he makes a far better background antagonist at this stage. I think he is at just the precise medium between protagonist and antagonist and although I don't want him to go, as he is one of the best characters on the show, I don't want this sudden redemption arc for him if the take The Saviours down eventually. And I definitely don't want him to be part of some in house undercover plan against Neagan.

His pleading with Rick and his pleading with Sasha to get on board and even his compliance with her wishes to die were about as heroic as Eugene should get as a character at this stage.

You could see him piss1ng it when Neagan hinted that he knew there was more to Sasha's death than a mere smothering. I think that should be just about enough to make himself fully onboard with The Saviours. I don't think his character should be represented as one that grows a set of balls and ignores the obvious fact that Neagan doesn't trust him wholly.
    I don't want him to become some heartless villain but apart from fear and cowardice emotions are not his strongpoint so no fear of that so him being Neagan's gophor for a decent duration is an apt way to progress his character for the time being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

What a boring and predictable finale.

You just knew Ezekiel and his crew would arrive to save the day.

You knew they weren't going to actually kill Carl, or Michonne, or Rick.

And as for the tiger moment, lol. Love the way nobody spotted this massive animal charging at your man until it was too late.

What about after that moment. Rick grabs an assault rifle and returns fire wide open WITH NO COVER and yet he doesn't get shot.

As for Ezekiel going around with a poxy pistol. Give me a break.

Terrible stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

Maybe he's just happy to collect a paycheck and relax for the rest of the year.

At 650k an episode I think he's probably happy to stick around. He and Reedus seemingly got 550k per episode for season 7

http://uproxx.com/media/walking-dead-salaries/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

DubTony wrote: »
    At 650k an episode I think he's probably happy to stick around. He and Reedus seemingly got 550k per episode for season 7

http://uproxx.com/media/walking-dead-salaries/
    Jesus (not that one). That is easy money, particularly for Reedus. That must work out at about 100k a word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

I can't think of a more fitting end to this season than a bunch of eejits fighting amongst themselves while the shows producers drive off in a truck full of money, flipping the bird to everyone!

Should have just ended it there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

ezekial should have been training the tiger to attack men with red scarfs

this episode was an example of pissing in the wind
    No progression, again!!!!
    Some great parts, but holy sh!t have we been here and done this a million times before

I really like the negan character, but it was time for him to go, and time for rick and the boyos to leave Alexandria and find a new dream

It's always the same story, find a new base, find a new enemy, rinse and repeat, way past boring at this stage

As much as I love this tv programme, the last few seasons have been pretty hard to swallow

If they have no ideas left, just put it out of its misery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ezekiel replying to a guy asking how the tiger knows who to kill :)

https://twitter.com/kharypayton/status/848772410765475840

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

CicRbxv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I don't know if Lincoln is making what the major GoT actors are per episode but if he's making anything near it I don't blame him for being happy to collect the paycheck.

He gets the money and the cred of being one of the few consistently good things about the show. What's there not to be happy about.

I'd say he's on really good money now since 7 started he was probly on a 6 year contract for peanuts(in Hollywood terms) and rightly negotiated a bigger paycheck going forward or he would walk away knowing that he's the main star they would 100% pay him.

he does seems genuinely grateful to have the role from his interviews at fan events and such

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I gave up after episode 10. Was thinking of just watching last two episodes. Probably didn't miss much in eps 11-14.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    I gave up after episode 10. Was thinking of just watching last two episodes. Probably didn't miss much in eps 11-14.

New Rockstars do a good 15-20 mins synopsis of each episode.
    Save yourself time and you won't miss anything.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ironically, the TV show is almost more cartoonish than the comics at this stage.

Advertisement