Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 7 | Episode 16 | The First Day... [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Penn wrote: »
    He doesn't even try to get the Kingdom on side again (they came to fight of their own volition).
    He gave up on them figuring they would join later, I thought.
    He doesn't call in people from Hilltop.
    Told them to stay away as a back up plan in case they all died.
    He doesn't offer any of the Oceanside group the chance to fight with them, just steals their guns and f*cks off.
    To be fair, they told him to F off.
    Yet he doesn't do the same with the Junkyarders, instead giving them every opportunity to get the drop on them.
    This bit was unexplainable, they were clearly the weakpoint, unless he just seen them as cannon fodder, but should have told his co workers about that thought.
    Meanwhile, Sasha's big plan is become a walker and take out Negan purely on the chance that he's the one who opens the coffin. Negan could have easily gotten one of his men to open it, forced Rick to come down and open it himself, or even just opened the top half of the coffin in which case Walker-Sasha would have just flopped out.
    Why not take a gun or a knife or anything, and pop him on the way out or even just try to pop him, she was not handcuffed and would have had a chance as a surprise attack.
    Dwight's big plan was... ermm... hope for the best. Okay, he didn't know the Junkyarders were going to be with Negan, but he also did nothing to actually help Team Rick anyway.
    He really couldn't without getting killed, one of the few I understand, althought why he did not pop a few f his own when it all went to hell was beyond me.
    Nobody even thought of shooting the tyres on Negan's truck when it was escaping, even though there were about 5 of them lined up shooting at its side for no reason.
    Plus more running after it,
    I'd prefer if Eugene didn't have a redemptive story arch, he's already had one. I'd prefer if he went the other way after Rick and Sasha tried to blow him up.
    I wish Rick had just shot him when he said, I am Negan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I hope Rick's first port of call in s8 is to wipe out the junkyardigans. Negan style.

Though he'll probably spend the first half of the season making another deal with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I don't know if Lincoln is making what the major GoT actors are per episode but if he's making anything near it I don't blame him for being happy to collect the paycheck.

He gets the money and the cred of being one of the few consistently good things about the show. What's there not to be happy about.

No chance he makes anything like the GoT actors. GoT is just so many levels above Walking Dead in most areas.

He just keeps replaying the same storyline, season after season. He's just dialling it in at this stage and it's getting boring.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think they will try to mend fences with the smelly garbage hippies. She didn't kill him, and she's still alive. Plus, she wants to bone him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

MarkR wrote: »
    I think they will try to mend fences with the smelly garbage hippies. She didn't kill him, and she's still alive. Plus, she wants to bone him.

They're clearly all touched, waste of time dealing with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

They're untrustworthy. And he should worry about getting an infection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Effects wrote: »
    No chance he makes anything like the GoT actors. GoT is just so many levels above Walking Dead in most areas.

He just keeps replaying the same storyline, season after season. He's just dialling it in at this stage and it's getting boring.

What's GoT ratings at its best compared to TWD's?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    What's GoT ratings at its best compared to TWD's?

Found this
    Each show posts some serious LeBron-like numbers when it comes to viewership. Game of Thrones' ratings have improved every season, with the most recent averaging around eight million Live+Same Day viewers. The season six finale set a series high with 8.9 million Live+Same Day. However, when you factor in multiplatform views, the overall number soars upward like Drogon taking flight to 23.3 million, a 15% increase from season five. That's a staggering figure that doesn't even capture the whole picture as Game of Thrones became the most illegally downloaded show in history back in 2015.

Meanwhile, The Walking Dead scores more Live+Same Day viewers thanks to its home on cable. Season six averaged 13.15 million real-time viewers and a whopping 6.48 rating in the key 18-49 demo (Game of Thrones' season finale scored a 3.9). Given that AMC is more reliant on advertising dollars than HBO, The Walking Dead's No. 1 ranked finish in that sponsor-friendly demo is crucial. However, when you factor in Live+7 Day ratings for TWD, it comes up just short of GoT with 19.36 million total viewers for the finale and 18.9 million viewers overall. Still, The Walking Dead is one of TV's most-watched shows and cable's biggest hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

http://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/755389/The-Walking-Dead-Andrew-Lincoln-salaries-Norman-Reedus-Rick-Grimes-Daryl-Dixon

I'm actually surprised at how little he makes. Wouldn't blame him for phoning it in tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,947 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

That season was an absolute chore to watch. The proof was in the (my personal) pudding. Every Monday I was front and centre, this season it was Thursday or Friday before I mustered up the enthusiasm to watch.

What was the fcking point of that season?? It's obvious that the show has run out of ideas. It's essentially the same themes and plot moments recycled. The story telling structure across the season is pointless.

The writing has been really lazy this season. The whole thing has become jaded. In a world where there is no "finality", watching people endlessly struggle to survive (with no sense of catharsis) it's bound to become futile to watch sooner or later.

I will not be counting the days for its return. And I assume another season of Fear the Walking Dead will only fuel the bad feelings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I thought this was a fairly good sum of the shows issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rick left Atlanta at the start,as the series progressed why didn't somebody get an idea of driving South to the coast,ffs they even went there in this series.Surely they could find a boat and take their chances sailing off into the sunset?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

zerks wrote: »
    Rick left Atlanta at the start,as the series progressed why didn't somebody get an idea of driving South to the coast,ffs they even went there in this series.Surely they could find a boat and take their chances sailing off into the sunset?

Sure that would make for epic telly.............:D

As someone mentioned long ago in this forum, they could have headed off in so many other directions, like getting a boat, heading for the mountains, trying to make contact with survivors far away etc. I am sick to death of that boring, flat forest. When they moved to Virginia I expected something different but as they're still filming in Georgia it's the same old tree after tree after tree. The show doesn't have a future in the woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

zerks wrote: »
    Sure isn't that the plot of FTWD?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I actually feel like I wasted my time with this season.
    Feels like a very poorly produced show now in my opinion. Not far off something I'd find on the syfy channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Comic spoilers have no place in this thread. Post (+chat) deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

Brego888 wrote: »
    Who directs these fight scenes. It looks like something a 10 year old would do. About 200 people with machine guns in an area the size of a town square and only the good guys can shoot someone from 5 yards away.

Yep. Well the A-Team has been mentioned more than once, but at least Hannibal's plans came together whereas Rick's just unravel at dizzying speed. I was gobsmacked when the binmen turned their coats, and was thinking that there was absolutely nothing Rick & Co could do about it as everyone was covered by a weapon. Of course, I'd forgotten how weapons and ballistics performance work in the TWD universe.

The only thing I thought might still rescue the situation would have been Michonne winning the fight on the roof and then blowing Negan's brains out of the other side of his head just as he was taking his swing at Kurl. I'd completely overlooked the magical trapdoor somewhere in the middle of Alexandria.
    skipper_G wrote: »
    All the Sasha flashback stuff killing what little momentum the episode had didn't help. I found myself wishing it would end, and for the second year in a row I'm glad this show is finished.

It's almost as if the writers feel the need to add a pseudo-depth to the writing in order to cover its fundamental shallowness. Lipstick on a pig, and not even an attractive shade of lipstick.
    Stick it out man.Judging by your username you're used to sticking with hopeless causes.

Now that's just mean... :D
    Maybe the beach bunnies at oceanside will help now.

Including Tara's next girlfriend, I reckon.
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    "oh she must have run out of air", come on people, the surprise factor that sasha would just switch without some serious re conditioning or torture was a stretch, what was Negan expecting her to do?

In a way, I find that part a bit more believable. Negan is obviously so in awe of himself that it's not too much of a stretch for him to believe that everyone else finds him totally awesome too, and quickly surrender to his super-duper kick-ass rootin-tootin-bullsh1t-shootin personality. I think he was even taken aback slightly by the ferocity of Rick's threat just before the puddytat arrived. Best lines Rick has delivered all season I'd say.

They should kill them. Forget everything else, their potential as allies, their betrayal, just kill them because they're too irritating to be allowed to live.

Ezekiel doesn't bother me, though; he's playing a role and he's admitted as much. A little flowery language fits the part. His subjects using similar speech patterns makes less sense, though. And I like the tiger because...well, it's a tiger. I'm hoping Ezekiel will train it to growl "well, look at youuu..." as it chews Negan's b0ll0cks off.

I gave this episode a six, mainly because the Negan has at least been told where he can shove his parasitic "service" in no uncertain terms, but having read comments in this thread from people who scored it much lower, I wouldn't disagree with them.

I'm sad to say it but TWD is becoming a bit of a chore. Right now, Fallout 4 is giving me more believable storylines. I guess I'll be watching Season 8 because I really hate Negan and the Saviours and want to see them suffer, the question is who'll be suffering more, them or me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Well the build up was not worth it. The end scene was woeful, like an episode of the A-Team lots of imagines of people shooting and nobody getting shot.

The one plus point was the introduction of bicycles at long last!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

A snippet from The Independent's review of the finale;
    It's a series highlight filled with fleeting character interactions that you may not notice the first time around (Rick and Morgan's nod will spring hairs on end; Negan's middle finger as he's chased out of Alexandria will induce howls). As an extended battle sequence, it does the trick - that trick being to spark anticipation for the much-hyped war to come in season eight - and, for many viewers, it's a perfect slice of humble pie.

This past season may be a case of too little too late for many viewers, but let them go - this series has never truly been the TV show those fans thought it was, a notion exemplified by Maggie's closing tribute to Glenn. Sure, it may not be the highest-quality show on the schedules but it's a series willing to exist on its own merit without succumbing to a network's demands. While there's no denying this season has showcased signs of creaking, this finale was a beacon of light designed for those who believed The Walking Dead was shuffling off its mortal coil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭storker

NUTZZ wrote: »

Pretentious codswallop.

I thought that review was sarcasm.

It is sarcasm, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just watched the last few episodes , wow the show really went downhill fast what with the crappy special effects . the garbage people who somehow have forgotten how to string a sentence together , negan who looks like he has a serious back problem and then to top it off a shootout that sucked
    i'm out ......... i think

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

NUTZZ wrote: »

60050035.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

CramCycle wrote: »
    He gave up on them figuring they would join later, I thought. - An insanely bad move though, not even in hindsight, just a bad move. They had more people and better weapons than Rick's group, yet he almost dies trying to get the Junkyarders on side, but walks away from the Kingdom after one conversation?

Told them to stay away as a back up plan in case they all died. - Again, a bad move though. They were still going to be outnumbered by Saviours even with the Junkyarders, and the Hilltop don't have nearly enough people to be any real sort of backup if Rick's group and the Junkyarders suffered huge losses. Rick should have gathered everyone possible and took on Negan together. A piecemeal plan was never going to cut it.

To be fair, they told him to F off. - Their leader told him to F off, but there were many there willing to fight. He didn't even try to offer them a place.

This bit was unexplainable, they were clearly the weakpoint, unless he just seen them as cannon fodder, but should have told his co workers about that thought. - At the very least, should have had the Hilltop with him in Alexandria (as it was pretty clear Negan probably knew they were with Rick, and kept the Junkers as external backup.

Why not take a gun or a knife or anything, and pop him on the way out or even just try to pop him, she was not handcuffed and would have had a chance as a surprise attack. - Well in fairness, I think that was her plan when asking Eugene for something to kill herself with. Get a knife or something sharp and use it to try kill Negan instead, but then when he gave her the pill, that was her only option left. But still, it's all predicated on Negan opening the casket, upright, and fully.

He really couldn't without getting killed, one of the few I understand, althought why he did not pop a few f his own when it all went to hell was beyond me. - But if the Junkers didn't betray Rick, what was Dwight's plan? He was standing with the Saviours. Could have been killed.

Plus more running after it,

I wish Rick had just shot him when he said, I am Negan.

Rick deserves to lose. This isn't even with the benefit of hindsight, it was a terrible, terrible plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Penn wrote: »
    Rick deserves to lose. This isn't even with the benefit of hindsight, it was a terrible, terrible plan.

this was not the plan or ever the plan
    this was hastily pulled together because Sasha and Rosita went rogue bringing the Saviors to there door earlier
    This meant a new hastily pulled together plan was required ,so as 24 hours to do something plans go it was not awful , Kill Negan , use Dwight to take his compound with out alerting outposts , and then systematically destroy the outposts .

We don't know what the original plan was before Sasha and Rosita screwed everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I haven't posted in this forum for a while as I got lambasted in the past for giving negative feedback on how bad this show has become, its nice to see a lot of the comments now reflect my opinion.

The show has become so bad its laughable. Lets call a spade a spade, the show is an absolute cash cow for AMC. That, in no way shape or form, excuses how lazy and poor the writing has become. The whole season with the Governor was a pile of dog sh1t too so this isn't a new development. Season 2 (first half) was mind numbingly boring.

This season was just a series of long, drawn out scenes of nonsense dialogue, non-sensical story lines, non-sensical characters, non-sensical plot lines.

And then we come to Negan. This guy is the dumbest evil mastermind ever. Time and time again he has more than enough reason and opportunity to kill Rick but he doesn't. He lets Carl go after he attempts to murder him. He lets Rosita off when she attempts to murder him. He develops a soft spot for Sasha when she attempted to murder him. Dumb sh1t. Just plain dumb. There has to be continuity when it comes to any drama and this show clearly doesn't give a sh1t about continuity. All of those characters should be dead.

I can watch an episode of TWD in 5 mins now by fast forwarding through all the boll0x and watching the scenes that actually add to the marrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

We really must do something about freeing all these people from being forced to watch the Walking dead against their Will .
    Really to come in and say its been bad for 5 seasons ,why are you still watching !

I get people who feel this season was weaker but enjoyed it up to now but to rag on a show for 5 years , switch it off

Sheesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

As with so many others this show used to be compulsive Monday viewing for me. Hell even episode one of this very season gave so much hope that the show could still produce the goods. However it rapidly became a dragged out snoozefest of awkward dialogue, rubbish plot lines and cringey acting....Fair City with zombies basically. That finale was truly awful TV and I'm embarrassed with myself for having sat through it.

Advertisement