Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audio installation in 2007 Prius in Ireland?

• 30-03-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a regular audio system installed in a 2007 Prius? Mine has no AUX or Bluetooth so I'd love to upgrade the system. Seems to be hard to get anyone qualified to do it in Ireland probably due to the few hybrids in Ireland. I see lots of videos with it successfully done with the computer intact but I wouldn't like to mess around with it myself.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I'm not too familiar with the 2nd gen Prius, but I believe there are double-DIN kits available that sit underneath the computer display. If that's the case then there's nothing particularly special about the installation from any other car (many have MFDs separate from the headunit).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Check out Priuschat.com loads of how to do there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

There is a lot of info on the centre display on the Prius besides audio related stuff, is there not? You'll lose all that if you replace the head unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

The head unit on the 2nd gen Prius ('04-'09) is below the LCD panel in the centre console, and can be removed/replaced with a double-DIN facia separately, from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

The head unit on the 2nd gen Prius ('04-'09) is below the LCD panel in the centre console, and can be removed/replaced with a double-DIN facia separately, from what I can see.

IIRC one can install a regular 1 DIN just behind the tinted glass below the OEM radio.

• Advertisement
Advertisement