Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Every time I click on something it says error

Options
  • 30-03-2017 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Not knowing anything about computers I must be doing something wrong as everytime I click on a topic or thread it states user error 503 backend server not responding. Does anyone know wtf that even means and if so as I am new to this what I do about it.
    Thanks in advance
    Simon

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Simon,

Unfortunately this seems to be linked to your IP address and seems to be more prevalent if accessing Boards from outside of Ireland. Does this occur on a specific thread or forum or is it across the board?

Some people have had some luck browsing in incognito mode or using a different browser. If at all possible, a change of IP address will hopefully do the job...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Given that a 503 normally indicates a back end timeout, how is it linked to his IP or being outside of Ireland?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement