If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KS8000 Delivery?

Options
  • 30-03-2017 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hello,

My friend was looking to get the UE49KS8000 and I told him to go through yourselves but the screen is for collection only, is that likely to change or is there a reason why. 

Its a 7 hour round trip to the store so not ideal.

Whats the story with the 6 year warranty, if you cannot ship the tv do you still offer the warranty?

Also a question about the warranty, if after 4 or 5 years the tv developed a fault that meant it had to be replaced how do you decide on a replacement?

Is it based on value at the time of purchase, if so does depreciation come into play, or more likely a model that you decide is a suitable replacement. 

Say for arguments sake he had bought a Samsung UE46D7000 and the panel died 1 month before the extended warranty expired which of this years models would you find the most suitable replacement.

Regards,
    Hearny.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hearny wrote: »
    Hello,

My friend was looking to get the UE49KS8000 and I told him to go through yourselves but the screen is for collection only, is that likely to change or is there a reason why. 

Its a 7 hour round trip to the store so not ideal.

Whats the story with the 6 year warranty, if you cannot ship the tv do you still offer the warranty?

Also a question about the warranty, if after 4 or 5 years the tv developed a fault that meant it had to be replaced how do you decide on a replacement?

Is it based on value at the time of purchase, if so does depreciation come into play, or more likely a model that you decide is a suitable replacement. 

Say for arguments sake he had bought a Samsung UE46D7000 and the panel died 1 month before the extended warranty expired which of this years models would you find the most suitable replacement.

Regards,
    Hearny.
    Morning Hearny,

there are several different reasons why we on occasion don't ship products - this can be regional distribution agreements, cost of shipping, risk of damage in shipping and of course in some instances it may not be economically viable to ship a product - however the main reason is generally stock availability - whilst we are independent in Ireland we are a proud franchise of the RS group and we are a total of over 50 stores and we always try to prioritise Customers who take the time to visit one of our stores - so when stock on a product is tight we may restrict online sales to ensure we have enough instore for personal callers.

In terms of our 6 year warranty we offer it on almost all ( I'd say 99%) of our screens and it is offered irrespective of in-store or online sale and it equally applies in the ROI and NI.

Any replacement is based on the specification of the TV not on the original purchase price - we will always strive to offer a Customers a TV of the same or better specification if a replacement is required ( in the event of a repair not being being economically viable of course) we will always offer the Customer a straight swap option.

Very infrequently we will not be able to agree on a replacement for a customer - for example if their original colour selection is now unavailable or if a particular feature is no longer available that they depend on and even more infrequently in these cases we will depreciate the value of any cash settlement depending on the age of the TV.

You can see the full T's and C's of the warranty here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

and of course don't hesitate to ask me any further questions if I can assist in any way.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Morning Hearny,

there are several different reasons why we on occasion don't ship products - this can be regional distribution agreements, cost of shipping, risk of damage in shipping and of course in some instances it may not be economically viable to ship a product - however the main reason is generally stock availability - whilst we are independent in Ireland we are a proud franchise of the RS group and we are a total of over 50 stores and we always try to prioritise Customers who take the time to visit one of our stores - so when stock on a product is tight we may restrict online sales to ensure we have enough instore for personal callers.

In terms of our 6 year warranty we offer it on almost all ( I'd say 99%) of our screens and it is offered irrespective of in-store or online sale and it equally applies in the ROI and NI.

Any replacement is based on the specification of the TV not on the original purchase price - we will always strive to offer a Customers a TV of the same or better specification if a replacement is required ( in the event of a repair not being being economically viable of course) we will always offer the Customer a straight swap option.

Very infrequently we will not be able to agree on a replacement for a customer - for example if their original colour selection is now unavailable or if a particular feature is no longer available that they depend on and even more infrequently in these cases we will depreciate the value of any cash settlement depending on the age of the TV.

You can see the full T's and C's of the warranty here:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

and of course don't hesitate to ask me any further questions if I can assist in any way.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the quick reply,

So it's not a temporary thing the screen will not be available for delivery again.

If it's a case of it being not economically viable is there an any way to come to an agreement by paying extra on shipping.

Or is it a case of low stock for this tv

You can pm me if you prefer not to share the answer publicly

Regards
    Hearny.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hearny,

I'd prefer to be as transparent as possible so I'm happy to post publicly if that's okay with you.

As you know the KS8000 series is coming towards the end of its life and is being replaced by the QE series which is now just available from stock- so stocks may become erratic - I honestly don't have an firm timeline on future deliveries but I'm happy to update you no problem.

We generally try make as many products as possible available ( especially to Boardies even if they are not generally available for shipping we will always try to bend the rules) - with regard to the 49KS8000 I just don't have enough stock at the moment to open it for shipping - however again if you would like to reserve one for collection we can order one for collection from the central warehouse.

I should add as I sort of missed from your previous post - that if you had a 46D7000 which was 5 years and 11 months old and was beyond economic repair that our first option would be to replace it with exactly the same model if we had one available from stock - alternatively we would look to new stock of a similar specification.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John,

Thanks for the detailed response, no bother about the transparency was only giving the option.

I just spoke to my friend and he is going to collect one next weekend if possible (just working out the logistics before ordering for collection), if he reserves one how long will they take to come into the shop.

Thanks,
    Hearny.

Does he just need to supply his email address for the 6 year warranty. from this image (http://www.richersounds.com/images/hpscr_6yrtv.png)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Does he just need to supply his email address for the 6 year warranty. from this image (http://www.richersounds.com/images/hpscr_6yrtv.png)
    Hi Hearney,

If you were to order one today we should be able to get it to the store for Friday. He would need to supply his email address as the 6 Year Guarantee is a VIP promotion.

Let me now if you would like me to order one.

Kind regards

David

Hi Hearney,

If you were to order one today we should be able to get it to the store for Friday. He would need to supply his email address as the 6 Year Guarantee is a VIP promotion.

Kind regards

David
    Apologies,

I only saw this reply now, I must have disabled notifications.

Its obviously too late in to get it by Friday, he is unsure whether he can make it up this weekend anyway.

Can you order one for him please, he will pay in Sterling and is hoping to be up to collect the following weekend (Easter).

I will PM his details just let me know which account to send it to.

Thanks,
    Hearny.

Hi Hearney,

Kind regards

David
    Apologies,

I only saw this reply now, I must have disabled notifications.

Its obviously too late in to get it by Friday, he is unsure whether he can make it up this weekend anyway.

Can you order one for him please, he will pay in Sterling and is hoping to be up to collect the following weekend (Easter).

I will PM his details just let me know which account to send it to.

Thanks,
    Hearny.
    No problem, PM me across his details and I'll try to order one for next weekend. Bear in mind our Easter opening hours next week are 1-5pm Friday, 10am-5pm Saturday and Closed on Sunday.

Kind regards

David

Thanks for that,

That was my next question what are the opening hours Easter Weekend,

I will pass on the info, I've sent you a PM with his contact details.

Regards,
    Hearny.

Thanks for that,

That was my next question what are the opening hours Easter Weekend,

I will pass on the info, I've sent you a PM with his contact details.

Regards,
    Hearny.
    Cheers Hearny.

I'll give him a call for a chat and get him sorted :)

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.