Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Protection

Options
  • 30-03-2017 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

I signed for a Mortgage last week with a LTV of 20%, all other documentation complete ... and now the mortgage protection provider is looking for a doctors report , due to an irregular heartbeat issue as a result of endurance training for a half ironman triathlon . I'm 38 , male and had one fainting incident .... all tests since have shown all clear , i've had no surgery or medication .... has anyone had a similar situation with a health issue to secure the mortgage ? ...... its the last piece of the jigsaw i need before i get Keys, but its a spanner in the works i wasn't expecting .... thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,997 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I signed for a Mortgage last week with a LTV of 20%, all other documentation complete ... and now the mortgage protection provider is looking for a doctors report , due to an irregular heartbeat issue as a result of endurance training for a half ironman triathlon . I'm 38 , male and had one fainting incident .... all tests since have shown all clear , i've had no surgery or medication .... has anyone had a similar situation with a health issue to secure the mortgage ? ...... its the last piece of the jigsaw i need before i get Keys, but its a spanner in the works i wasn't expecting .... thanks in advance for any replies.

Doctors report is standard, and not usually a concern. They may send you for a medical, which is much more likely to result in a loading, but from what you describe it's very very unlikely:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

a lot of people have medical conditions you or I mightn't be aware of.
    Having a report is standard as mentioned above if a slight irregularity is found.
    Hopefully the only issue is that'll it'll take that little bit longer.
    Be sure to chase up with your doctor to ensure they've received the forms and have filled it out and sent them back.
    Best of luck!!

Advertisement