Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to book Gigs in Dublin for budding Ambient Rock Band

• 31-03-2017 3:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19

Hey I'm currently in a band who've spent the last year putting together a set and an EP... genre is sort of Ambient Rock I suppose. We've played one or two gigs but finding it really difficult to find similar bands to play with or nights that host original live music to actually iron out our set.
    I was in another band back in 2010/2011 who used to play fairly frequently around Dublin, and I dunno it just seems like there was a lot more venues and events back then (we frequently played Crawdaddy, Sweeneys, Grand Social etc) although it's also very possible that I've just become incredibly out of touch since then.

Anyone have any ideas or recommendations on how could try get our name out there a bit more, bearing in mind that we're by no means ready to headline shows or anything.

Btw EP is available at https://manyana.bandcamp.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Declan Crawford

Unusual sound but nice I like it, yes there is still lots of open mic nights , the international used to be on Monday nights people come in to the down stairs to listen to new bands, Stephan is the guy who runs that one you will make connections in there. I have been off the open mic night seen for a while also but I will check out a few more for you , I know there is 2 more around the phibsoro area Porter house and Botanic house also. You should check out the summer gigs that all the Irish greats are doing and make contact try get a few support slots. Even if they already have a support can then always say any chance of 1 song, on and off type a thing, to get your foot in the door.

Hope that is of some help

Deco

Advertisement