Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Checkpoint /Citrix Receiver on Ubuntu - SSL Error 4 launching applications

Options
  • 31-03-2017 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭

My company is changing its remote access gateway to use Checkpoint and Citrix in the web.

I can log in through Checkpoint and get as far as the LAN OK (after a bit of messing with certs)

When I try to launch application from Citrix (eg remote desktop) I get

SSL. Error 4
    Contact your system administrator

Before I go begging our IT for help, has anyone successfully got this combination running on Linux?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

Don't know if this is much good to you as I didn't get to finish the installation, but I got further than that :-)

I had to link the SSL cert bundles from /etc/ssl/certs to the certs directory under the installation of the receiver
    and it got rid of that Error 4 - I was remotely setting up a machine for temporary access for somebody
    and don't have access to it anymore unfortunately, and there was another error message after that which
    I didn't get a chance to address.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭long_b

niallb wrote: »
    Don't know if this is much good to you as I didn't get to finish the installation, but I got further than that :-)

I had to link the SSL cert bundles from /etc/ssl/certs to the certs directory under the installation of the receiver
    and it got rid of that Error 4 - I was remotely setting up a machine for temporary access for somebody
    and don't have access to it anymore unfortunately, and there was another error message after that which
    I didn't get a chance to address.

Nice one!
    I got around it in the end via this tip from the Debian wiki
    Update: Launching like this lead to an error message SSL error, Contact your helpdesk with the following information: A network error occorred (SSL error 4). Lauching the application (Citrix remote desktop connection, Citrix Receiver) from within iceweasel by applying Open with wfica.sh did not bring an SSL error.[\quote]

Your tip might work as well.
    Did you link in the entire directory?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭niallb

I linked in the files rather than the directories themselves.
    ln -s /etc/ssl/certs/* to the citrix cacerts directory.

Advertisement