If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49" 4K Recommendations

Options
  • 31-03-2017 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a 49" 4K TV, looking at a budget of roughly €800ish.  It won't be used for gaming, mainly TV watching / Netflix etc.  

The 2 I had considered where the LG 49UH770V and the Sony KD49XD8088.  The Sony comes with Android built in, this was initially a big plus however a lot of reviews seem to state Android is quite slow on this TV so I may opt for a separate Android box.

Is there anything else in this price range you could recommend over these 2 and have in stock?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi MasterK,

Both of those TV's are excellent - I'm an Android fan so I do like the Operating System on the Sony - but we do get issues with Android when Customers just expect it to work like a normal non-smart TV - essentially it's a PC with a screen attached and it has all the same qualities and issues as any PC - ie it can slow down, freeze and occasionally it demands a full restart - but then it does also reward as if you work with Android of course it giv you a huge open platform to add applications outside the normal TV manufacturers platform.

If it was me and you wanted a circa 49" TV and you had an €800 budget - and your primary concern was picture quality I would look at the Panasonic TX50DX700 which is now reduced to £649 / €749 and as a Boardie I can trim that slightly for you to just €729 including delivery and 6 year warranty:
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201898-viera-tx50dx700b.aspx

If you wanted a second alternative with slightly more features ( such as a built in Freesat satellite HD tuner)and which may be a better gaming option, AND comes in under budget, do have a look at the Samsung UE49KU6400 which is now mega value at just £579 or €729 ( euro again includes delivery & 6 year warranty) - its a stunning looking TV as well! ( do have a shop around and compare our €uro pricing on the UE49KS6400!)   
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202044-ue49ku6400.aspx

Thanks again ad keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Hi guys,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.  I'm seriously tempted by the Panasonic.  My only concern from reading reviews is that the viewing angle is pretty poor, I would be putting it in the corner of the room so the viewing angle would be 45 degrees from some positions.  Have you noticed any issues from that sort of angle?

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

masterK wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.  I'm seriously tempted by the Panasonic.  My only concern from reading reviews is that the viewing angle is pretty poor, I would be putting it in the corner of the room so the viewing angle would be 45 degrees from some positions.  Have you noticed any issues from that sort of angle?

Thanks.
    Hi masterK,

We have had this TV on display and haven't noticed any issues with the viewing angles. The Panasonics are rated at around 178 degrees but you should have no problem with the viewing angle at 45. As John said, the picture quality is fantastic and the HDR brightness really helps the viewing angle over models like the DX600.

Many thanks

David

Brilliant, can I go ahead and order the Panasonic then?

Thanks.

Brilliant, can I go ahead and order the Panasonic then?

Thanks.
    Hi MasterK,

That's no problem, if you drop me a PM with your contact number I can call you and process the order for you.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Pm sent

Thanks

Pm sent

Thanks
    Thanks for taking my call this afternoon, I'll process that for you today. If you need anything else please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.