Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB ATM Error - RANT!

• 31-03-2017 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭

Stopped at a petrol station last night that has an AIB ATM in store. Tried to withdraw €600, machine stalls, stalls, takes ages. I can hear the noise of the notes inside, then "Transaction Cancelled".

No receipt to show I wasn't charged, no other message. I put my card back in and checked my balance, €600 short. So I called Card Services, and this is where it gets annoying...

Card Services tell me that the money will "probably" show up again in the morning once the machine has corrected it's error. However if it doesn't, I have to go into a branch, fill out a form and then wait "probably a few days" for it to be credited back to my account!

I can understand that "s**t happens". Machines are fallible, they have errors. But this was an AIB account, using an AIB machine, and THEIR issue has left me €600 short at the end of the month. That €600 is to pay bills! And now to correct THEIR error, I have to jump through hoops and wait at least a few days to get my money back?

To make it worse, I work in the North. I'm going to have to take time out of work and take a 1 hour round trip to go into the nearest branch in the south and fill in some paperwork.

Up yours AIB, as soon as I get my money back I'm out.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Anyone who is still an AIB current account customer needs their heads checked.. cheaper facilities elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,396 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

jameshayes wrote: »
    Anyone who is still an AIB current account customer needs their heads checked.. cheaper facilities elsewhere.

I do need my head checked. I have an Ulster Bank account and have most of my payments switched over but I haven't got around to moving the mortgage payment and closing AIB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭homer911

It really should resolve itself without having to visit a branch - give it a few hours

homer911 wrote: »
    It really should resolve itself without having to visit a branch - give it a few hours

It happened at 7pm yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

DrPhilG wrote: »
    It happened at 7pm yesterday.

It's happened to me twice with ATMs in petrol stations. The last time took two or three days to get resolved as it's dependent on when the funds in the ATM are refreshed or something. I avoid them like the plague now. I'm with Bank of Ireland so it's not just an AIB thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,013 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

jameshayes wrote: »

Cheaper than free?

In the branch now, to their credit they are going to credit me with the €600 now and recover it once the error is rectified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Irish Banks - 5 Days to consolidate an ATM error.
    Number26 - Instant consolidation on all transactions

Advertisement