Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPAD will only connect to wifi if sitting right beside modem. All other devices fine

• 31-03-2017 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi hoping someone can advise. My Ipad was working fine although had a broken screen which I took to get fixed. When I brought it home it won't recognise any networks. I did a factory reset and it will now recognise my home network but only if I am literally sitting right beside the modem. As soon as I move any distance away it loses connection. All other devices in the house have no issues. I'm nearly driven demented!! I kind of think that the Ipad may just have run its course and it's not fixable but thought I'd try here as a last resort if anyone had any suggestions. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ipad-2-antenna-for-bluetooth-and-wi-fi-oem-a8140-900x900.jpg

The repair shop didnt reconnect the wireless antenna. Bring it back and have them fix their shoddy work.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jumpyone

Thanks Ed, I actually mentioned it to the guy and he said that he only fixed the screen which was on the top of the ipad and that the network errors are to do with the mechanics inside the ipad - where he says he was not working on!!

Advertisement