Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT TakeOver: Orlando

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

oneilla wrote: »
    Shawn Michaels supposed to be on a Facebook Live after NXT, anyone got a link?

Its on WWEs facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/wwe/

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

oneilla wrote: »
    Roode probably has the best entrance in the business.

We were there tonight.
    Recorded all of Nakamura's entrance. Best music in the biz today
    https://youtu.be/zygsCWXVJSY

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Didn't have much interest in anything bar the tag titles match. And even went into that worried because I had sky high expectations.

But my god, what a brilliant match. Just adored it. The storytelling was brilliant, the three teams looked awesome. When DIY and Revival were combining to do each other's finishers, I was giddy. Just brilliant. Possibly one of my favourite matches ever actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Say what you want about triple h during his full time in ring career, the guy puts on good stuff with regards to nxt. He's the boss of nxt and hopefully this is the direction the main roster takes if trips is ever in charge of the creative on the main roster.

It won't.

NXT appeases us smarks. That's what it's there for.

They're not trying to make a wrestling programme on Raw or Smackdown: especially Raw. It's just a marketing exercise trying to appeal to as broad a mainstream demographic as possible. And if you ever listen to HHH, he buys into that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I like NXT but it hasn't (along with any other similarly booked indy) manged to be successful mainstream so I don't see why they'd consider booking the main shows like that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just catching up with this now. It's surreal to think I saw Tommy End/Aleister Black and Big Damo/Killian Dain in Dolan's Warehouse last September. Credit to OTT for pulling in some of the very best in the Indies, I guess. Two very impressive matches to get the show started. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Once again we got a Takeover with little hype going in delivering a fantastic show. I would have every match over ***1/2. Tag team match was MOTN and personally I'd have it at ****1/2 just a magnificent performance from all 3 teams.

Asuka vs Ember was great too and a loss does a whole lot more than winning the title for Ember right now. Asuka becoming the champ who will do anything to retain her title is a fresh new direction and brings life to what had become a slightly stale womens division.

Roode vs Nakamura seems to again be dividing opinion. Some loved it, some thought it was just there. Personally I didnt love it but it was a fine match. I never once felt the title was in jeopardy so that probably hampered my own enjoyment of the match.

My favourite part of the show though was Aleister Black. He was treated like a superstar and even before the match began if you had never seen Tommy End before you knew this Aleister Black guy was a big f*cking deal. This man is going to go far in WWE and watching his evolution over the next 12-18 months is going to be reason enough to keep watching NXT. Just a superb debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Sanity against Ruby, Ohno, Roddy and Tye was solid and entertaining.

Wasn't mad about Andrade/Black and Moon/Asuka though I was happy with the finish of the latter. In both presence and ability Moon can't really touched Asuka. Nothing major against her but for me she's not the one to dethrone Asuka but based on the finish looks like Moon will have her moment in a rematch. I'd be more interested in seeing Nikki Cross as the potential usurper.

Tag team title match was probably match of the night. Absolutely amazing work between DIY and TR and I was disappointed we didn't get the pay off their work deserved. Though I guess the Revival being ultimately fcuk wits was in line with their history with DIY.

Roode and Nakamura a close 2nd. Nothing flash about the match but it's clear that these two are on another planet in terms of ring psychology and in ring presence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is it true about Drew McIntyre ???

Love to see him become a main event star and not be given a **** 3MB gimmick like last time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Is it true about Drew McIntyre ???

Love to see him become a main event star and not be given a **** 3MB gimmick like last time

Not sure what WCPW are going to do since he is there Champion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I don't think anything on WM tonight can top that AOP/DIY/Revival match. DIY and Revival have really made tag team wrestling fun to watch again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So happy to see Drew back. He should be a major player in NXT for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Not sure what WCPW are going to do since he is there Champion.

He'll probably drop the WCPW Championship at their next event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All new belts as well I'm guessing because of Paige's video.

Wouldn't say so much a case of that but moreso about it being a new era in general for nxt. Those belts represented a time that is almost alien to what it is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Didn't have much interest in anything bar the tag titles match. And even went into that worried because I had sky high expectations.

But my god, what a brilliant match. Just adored it. The storytelling was brilliant, the three teams looked awesome. When DIY and Revival were combining to do each other's finishers, I was giddy. Just brilliant. Possibly one of my favourite matches ever actually.

My thoughts exactly I felt like applauding just watching on my laptop today. As you say the storytelling was incredible. If that's The Revival's last hurrah in NXT then that's a hell of a way to go out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Are they going to the main roster?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

D.Q wrote: »
    Are they going to the main roster?

That's the rumour anyway. We'll find out Monday or Tuesday.

Still disappointed with the finish to the tag title match. If ever there was a chance to show a believable chink in AoP's armour and give DIY and Revival the deserved floor one last time. I can't see both teams being called up at the same time so I don't see why the couldn't have duked it out between themselves when logically that's how the match had been built.

They're in a tough spot with AoP now. Could only accept Sanity as a realistic threat now which is an unlikely feud.

Was blown away by that last night. Any regular nxt viewers recommend any must see matches or moments to check out on the network?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

Zayn vs Cesaro NXT Arrival
    Zayn Vs Neville NXT Takeover R Evolution
    Banks vs Bayley NXT Brooklyn
    Revival Vs American Alpha NXT Dallas
    Zayn VS Nakamura NXT Dallas
    Revival vs DIY NXT Brooklyn 2 (or whatever they called it, back 2 brooklyn?)
    Revival vs DIY NXT Toronto.

That's off the top of my head. If you've never seen NXT before there is a wealth of stuff to dive in to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Honestly you could just watch any of the takeovers and you'll enjoy them especially the 2015 ones and early 2016 ones

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

D.Q wrote: »
    Was blown away by that last night. Any regular nxt viewers recommend any must see matches or moments to check out on the network?

Piss yourself off more and watch Finn v Owens from Beast in the east. Listen to how good Cole can actually be.

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly you could just watch any of the takeovers and you'll enjoy them especially the 2015 ones and early 2016 ones

Yeah going back through them now, watching Toronto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

hopefully Drew has this awsome theme when he returns

can see him being very popular in NXT and the break away from WWE might be what he needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Still disappointed with the finish to the tag title match. If ever there was a chance to show a believable chink in AoP's armour and give DIY and Revival the deserved floor one last time. I can't see both teams being called up at the same time so I don't see why the couldn't have duked it out between themselves when logically that's how the match had been built.

They're in a tough spot with AoP now. Could only accept Sanity as a realistic threat now which is an unlikely feud.

(Cough) Heavy Machinery (cough)
    Now how does that song go about Vince McMahon liking big sweaty men?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just watched now. I definitely agree the tag match was match of the night. AoP have come a long way from their debut. Watching DIY and Revival working together made me smile and loved them mixing it up for the finishers.

For Roode's entrance, I have expected it to be Reby playing the piano at first. To the point I was sure the musice sounded like the obsolete theme.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Tag match was amazing

Great debut for Black. His style stands out as well as his look.

Advertisement