Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookkeeping Software

Options
  • 31-03-2017 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello

Just looking for some opinions on bookkeeping software. Looking for something straight forward and easy to use, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

I use Sage One. Cloud based, reasonably priced and flexible. There are plenty of alternatives out there as well - Big Red Cloud, Bullet HQ, Sort my Books​, Xero etc. Most have free trials

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭onedmc

BulletHQ is really simple, local and free for non payrol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dirtonth

I used Sage One for a while, but I might have started using it too early, as the online Product kept on changing, and in some cases such changes brought frustration. I didn't find the product to be mature enough.

Sage One also use a trick to lure you in at a much cheaper rate for the first year, and then the price increases a lot after that.

I found that most professional accountants are using Xero. I found it's integration with most Irish Banks to be great. You can get it direct, or most Accountants can resell it to you at a cheaper price than the online rate. Sage One probably do the same, but most accountants were reluctant on pushing Sage One to me, and after some time, I saw their point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BnB

We just switched to Xero this year from using an old package for years. So far find it great.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MFS2

We use Thesarus for a lot of our clients. Sage is useful too. It all really depends on the input and training. Too often I have heard criticisms of various packages when actually its the user not knowing what they are doing. Try explaining that to Revenue!

Best of luck with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement