Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows and doors...northern ireland

Options
  • 31-03-2017 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Hi
    I am thinking of replacing the windows and doors on our house...have heard it's cheaper to go to Northern Ireland...and some fit and deliver in the south....anyone any experience or recommendations?
    Many thanks
    Maura

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭EriktheRed

Pm me for the name of the company from Northern Ireland near Belfast that we started dealing in beginning of November 2016. I Feel I need to warn people as over 2k deposit paid and it's April now and still no doors 😣
    Solicitor involved now, messy and stressful situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

EriktheRed wrote: »
    Pm me for the name of the company from Northern Ireland near Belfast that we started dealing in beginning of November 2016. I Feel I need to warn people as over 2k deposit paid and it's April now and still no doors 😣
    Solicitor involved now, messy and stressful situation.

I had high spec windows imported from Europe by a Northern Ireland Company as they were cheaper than the approved Dublin equivalent company. They took four months and I had to pay over 18k deposit but they came and installed when they said they would and then came back 3 months later to change a lock. If you're windows are passive certified and imported with the company an approved installer it can take months and it's no fault of the company. That's just how it is. If they're standard and produced locally which it may be in your case then it's a different storey and right to get a solicitor involved.

Back at the OP mine were cheaper but I've no idea what the price would be like now since the original quote was very early 2016 before brexit and the construction industry has picked up a bit over the last year. No harm in getting quotes to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jarlyy

I'm interested in feedback on alu-clad window suppliers in northern Ireland.........Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭corcadorcha

Dudda,
    Could you please send me contact details of company in NI and info of type of Windows etc. I have to get quotes soon.
    Many thanks

Advertisement