Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovating a derelict house cost

Options
  • 31-03-2017 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

It's a 2 bedroom 56 sq.m / 600sq ft derelict bungalow in deed of major renovation. It's a listed building so can't be demolished.

Externally it needs a new roof and a cut-limestone external wall replacing and new windows. The interior needs full replacement.

It just three external walls.

Would be grateful for any indications of costs.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

Consult your builder. I cannot say as I am not in construction but I would imagine these costs could vary based on the standard you want the new windows material to be, interior to be etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,987 ✭✭✭893bet

100k plus.

Planning for that renovation I suspect would be required given its a listed building also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

A conservation architect has to be employed. the cost is double per square foot over work on a non-listed building. €100k is only allowing about €320 per sq ft which is very low for work on a listed building.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Carnmore

Thank you for the replies. I'll start a new post in the forum as mentioned above.

Some photos attached

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement