Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For sale/wanted thread as a sticky??

• 31-03-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭

Any chance the mods would set up a for sale/wanted sticky thread for bike parts and bike clothing/gear?

Personally i think it would be a good idea and a good way for all bikers to help one another out.

Ive a few road and race parts out in the garage that are just sitting there collecting dust.
    And Im sure other bikers have stuff sitting in their garages too.;)

So can the mods set up a for sale/wanted thread please and do it as a sticky??

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,334 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

As a general rule we prefer each forum to have no more than 3 or 4 stickies as they start to impinge on screen space on the Touch version. This forum already has 5 stickies, so realistically one or two would have to go before adding more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Zaph wrote: »
    As a general rule we prefer each forum to have no more than 3 or 4 stickies as they start to impinge on screen space on the Touch version. This forum already has 5 stickies, so realistically one or two would have to go before adding more.

Get rid of the charter so :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Live65a846d0ee

Get rid of the charter and the useless 13 year old faq or update it at least. The information is extremely outdated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Excellent idea.. I think the 'Planning a trip' thread could go too. It hasn't been updated since 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

I think its a good idea, the amount of sh1te being sold on done deal by lads with hilarious expectations is ridiculous.

Its funny but i'd thrust a bunch of lads on this part of the internet much more so than another bunch of lads on another part of the internet.

Also forum charters are generally useless. The average John McD1ckhead isn't going to give a fcuk if the charter says he can't post nonsense.

• Advertisement

Regardless of whether or not people read the charter, all forums must have one so it must stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

CaptainR wrote: »
    I think its a good idea, the amount of sh1te being sold on done deal by lads with hilarious expectations is ridiculous.

LMAO, like the characters on here will be any better.......but I get your point.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,128 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You can add for sale links to your sig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sure Adverts is part of boards is it not....just link the item to that site. We are already struggling for bandwidth with all Mr Stephens photos ffs!

LMAO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sure Adverts is part of boards is it not....just link the item to that site. We are already struggling for bandwidth with all Mr Stephens photos ffs!

LMAO

Yeah......we have to put up with enough gobsh1tes and timewasters on adverts as it is.....

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sure Adverts is part of boards is it not

No, and it hasn't been for some time. There is an element of shared ownership, but they are operated as two distinct companies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

You can merge several stickies into one thread. Have a "Charter, FAQ & Popular links" thread where the first post is the Charter, and the second is the FAQ, and the third could be links to stuff like planning a trip etc.

See the cycling forum for an example:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056113049

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Why not a seperate sub forum called "Motorcycling Adverts" just like the Cycling section has > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=410
    But maybe have a minimum post count of 50 before you can sell there

Advertisement