Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Premier League trying to fight streaming, can the war be won?

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I have IPTV running on my vu solo box. Very impressive I must say. There is also a pretty good app if people have a smart TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

niallo27 wrote: »
    I have IPTV running on my vu solo box. Very impressive I must say. There is also a pretty good app if people have a smart TV.

Is it easy to get it onto the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

PM Niallo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I put one on via a USB stick,5 minute job to have all set up.

Seems fine but I only used it for a few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yabadabado wrote: »
    I put one on via a USB stick,5 minute job to have all set up.

Seems fine but I only used it for a few hours.

Is it just like adding an add on to enigma 2?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

Kodi is all good and well but it doesn't have the live stream, thats what always gets me. Can you imagine being 2 minutes behind Aguerooooo goal, or Liverpool battling back for the CL. Not a chance. Need to get a proper sub service from Sky,and I'll pay no question.

Kodi does have livestream. Castaway pointed at r/soccerstreams with the acestream player has done the trick for me for last year or so on my firestick. HD quality streams from NBC/TSN or Beinsport for EPL. I use a VPN cos it's essentially tormenting and don't want my IP blacklisted, which is what I say will eventually happen when PL start putting proper pressure on ISP's.

PM Niallo.

Ya work away.

Yep they sent me a script to run using putty. Full epg as well. Surprised how good it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Anyone with a good IPTV provider with a EPG?
    Appreciate a PM if anyone has a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Same as please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I got a 24 hour trial off a seller on Ebay,just to see what it IPTV was like and would my broadband be able to run,was very impressed with it

Have a Mag 254 box now with a monthly IPTV sub and its working perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I got a 24 hour trial off a seller on Ebay,just to see what it IPTV was like and would my broadband be able to run,was very impressed with it

Have a Mag 254 box now with a monthly IPTV sub and its working perfect

Yeah the mag boxes run IPTV much better than Kodi or if using an android box the play store has a free STB emulator that does the same job

NATLOR wrote: »
    Yeah the mag boxes run IPTV much better than Kodi or if using an android box the play store has a free STB emulator that does the same job

Im running it off a vu solo its much better than any android box plus having the sly skin is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Does a v8s have the iptv function built in lads? Cheers for the pms too lads I'll respond to them soon

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Does a v8s have the iptv function built in lads? Cheers for the pms too lads I'll respond to them soon

Ya its the web tv app I think

Saw a few clips on YouTube of IPTV working on Openbox v8s

niallo27 wrote: »
    Im running it off a vu solo its much better than any android box plus having the sly skin is great.

Im sure it is, but the emulator is free and does a good job if you already have an android box and dont want to shell out on another box

BTW how is this thread still open :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'd love one with a proper EPG, its a balls having to look up whats on the different channels elsewhere so I'd appreciate a pm too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

NATLOR wrote: »
    BTW how is this thread still open :confused:

Yup, it's verged completely off topic to a Kodi discussion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement