Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a Computer Science Course Technical Enough?

• 31-03-2017 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I'm looking into doing a computer science course such as the TCD course but I'm not sure what kind of a level of maths graduates end up with? I'd like to do a practical/useful course with maths/physics elements so that I would have the necessary standard for a maths-focused masters programme having completed the course if I wanted to at that time. How much of this is there in comp sci?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Saskatchewan

I would recommend you do a Maths at an undergrad level and then possibly do a masters in computer science.

I am currently a Computer Science student in TCD, we do plenty of maths (vectors, matrices, probability, stats, formal languages etc.) but it's not a maths course. You will be doing these with the constant focus on bringing the knowledge to computers.

You'll need to be interested in Computers to survive the four years.

Advertisement