Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF abroad- Fertilty Drugs

• 31-03-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

HI I am planning on travelling to prague for IVF treatment. The clninc there have sent me a prescription for the drugs i need to start taking on my cycle day 2. I thought i could get these drugs easliy through our drug payment scheme but my pharmacy rang the HSe and was told I need a hi tech prescription to be written by a fertility clinic here in ireland. like sims, etc, but sims said they would not do this as im not having treamtent with them.Anothere phjamarcy told me a gp could overwirte the prague prescription, but the gp i talked to said regualr gp's cannot write hi tech prescription.
    so i dont know where to start to get my drugs.
    Iv heard alot of people are travelling abroad for ivf now due to costs so id like some advise on where people are getting there drugs from? and has the drugs payemnt sheme covered them? and did they need to get a special Hi tech prescription, if so who wrote it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭patrickc

definitely not the right forum for this

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Moved from Commuting and Transport -- I think this is the right place?

Advertisement