Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you fancy your other half?

• 31-03-2017 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭

I've read on another thread that apparently a lot of people don't fancy their partners (not me, of course.)

Apparently, apparently many women for example, don't fancy their partners so sex is a chore, so to make the most of an unfortunate situation they will have sex with him once every few weeks if he does his housework like a good lad. There's a word for it that I just cannot recall right now.

So AH, do you put the bins out just to get a good seeing to?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This thread feels kind of familiar...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    I've read on another thread that apparently a lot of people don't fancy their partners (not me, of course.)

Apparently, apparently many women for example, don't fancy their partners so sex is a chore, so to make the most of an unfortunate situation they will have sex with him once every few weeks if he does his housework like a good lad. There's a word for it that I just cannot recall right now.

Marriage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

If you didn't fancy your boyfriend/girlfriend then why bother staying together? Seems pretty pointless and silly to have sex if you don't like it. Housework is kind of necessary and ought to be shared.

I think you lack the expertise to analyse this issue OP. We had an expert before. And I think he will return within the next day or 2. And he's not, as many think, merely a very sad person with a fixation caused by some crushing event who insists on advertising his loneliness. That is too obvious a conclusion. He IS an expert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Conspiracy theory: bit slow on boards start thread about women/marriage/social welfare/scobies/Irish people women are over weight etc. Im sure I have forgotten some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm single. I think my cats are adorable though. Does that count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Do you do their ironing though?

mariaalice wrote: »
    Conspiracy theory: bit slow on boards start thread about women/marriage/social welfare/scobies/Irish people women are over weight etc. Im sure I have forgotten some.

Singles mommies to five little angles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Cats are better than some humans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Marriage?

Let yourself go!

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I think they are covered by the social welfare threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,451 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

OCD mommy to five little right angles.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Cats are better than some humans.

I think that's illegal what you're suggesting there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

What the **** is going on here? :pac:

Cats are better than some most humans.

FYP

Do you do their ironing though?

I don't even do my own. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Sure, the binman knows how I like my eggs in the mooning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

nullzero wrote: »
    OCD mommy to five little right angles.

There is acute little angle too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Tskk you forgot. It's chore sex all the chores must be done first :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

I reckon there are still loads of marriages of convenience around. How likely is it that so many people just happened to grow up in the same town as the person they are destined to spend their life with?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Tiny penis op?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Steve wrote: »

I'll love you tomorrow Steve :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Do I fancy my Pam and her five sisters. I hate to admit this but yes I do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭sligoblue

There's 2 ways at looking at this:

Man:

Ideally you want to marry a woman who is a whore in the bedroom and an angel outside it, but one morning you wake up and realise you married a whore.

Woman:

Ideally you married a man who is a stud in the bedroom and an angel outside it, but one morning you wake up and realise you were dreaming.

He turns me on, like no other man ever has :)

Nearly twenty years now...

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭melloa

i speak english with my wife

german with my horse

french with my girlfriend

and spanish to god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Anyway, if you're asking me... yeah I do!

Anyway, if you're asking me... yeah I do!

You do the chore sex thing? Do you never have a night where you go to bed planning a good shag in advance?

• Advertisement

Stheno wrote: »
    You do the chore sex thing? Do you never have a night where you go to bed planning a good shag in advance?

On the contrary. I plan on having a good shag every night that I go to bed with my partner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I clean.
    I put bins out.

I suppose I just like being clean.

Mmmm

Stheno wrote: »

The question was, do you fancy your other half. ****ing right I do.

The chores just add to it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Samuri Suicide

This thread is perfect for after hours...17yr old virgin keyboard warriors.

Welcome :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

__Alex__ wrote: »
    I reckon there are still loads of marriages of convenience around. How likely is it that so many people just happened to grow up in the same town as the person they are destined to spend their life with?

I have to say I agree.
    Also how likely is it that people who've known each other all their teen and adult life suddenly start seeing each other in a new delilciously sexy light at 37?? That balding and a pot belly just added that certain "je ne said quoi" to the package that suddenly rendered it irresistable?
    And 5 years later is that sexy light still casting a rosy glow over those features that never interested you before?
    I wonder.

I think marriage is an awful lot more than sex though. At some point I'm sure you enjoy the closeness of a loving warm body and having that along with a good day to day relationship and raport is just as or more important to you as having someone who might get your engine running so to speak!

We are probably all fooling ourselves that we are all fanciable fabulous sexy creatures just waiting for the right person to see that. There have to be a lot of... I won't say settlers, I'll say a lot of compromisers out there, and I'm pretty sure a lot of them are happy. Some are probably haunted by what might have been had they just hung on out the prowl though or because our culture tells us that everyone should be madly sexually stimulated and besotted with their life partner. I'm increasingly suspicious that madly fancying someone doesn't last in most cases anyway.

Or maybe I'm just feeling cynical tonight :)

• Advertisement

I'm not 17.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

And old Shielas on the wine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Do you worry your partner doesn't fancy you?

Do you worry your partner doesn't fancy you?

Not in the slightest.

Welcome :)

Thanks! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

Over the past 10 years I've developed a festish for increasingly fat women, so I've fancied my girlfriend every step of the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I'm not 17.

I am I am!!

Yes I fancy the hole off my husband. But if he does jobs round the house I fancy him even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

You need to neg your partner more OP. By focusing on all her shortcomings you'll regain your attraction to her and her to you due to her deflated sense of self esteem. It's reverse psychology, innit?

It's Ireland's fascination with the same old lifestyle..education, job, meet a partner, mortgage, get married, kids....then regret the things you never did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭Paleblood

It's Ireland's fascination with the same old lifestyle..education, job, meet a partner, mortgage, get married, kids....then regret the things you never did.

Surely Ireland's fascination is thinking everything like this is exclusive to Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

I really fancy my husband, and he fancies me. He is very sexy! I think the day that stops will be a sad day where we decide to go our separate ways. Our parents are similar in that they are still very 'into' each other. After 44 years of marriage, my da still goes on about how gorgeous he thinks my ma is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yes I do, but there's many factors in why sex is sometimes a chore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

mariaalice wrote: »

Missed the good one : Public sector, Luas drivers, Enda Kenny, Gerry Adams Twitter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Average age here is way higher. Young be on fb

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Paleblood wrote: »
    Surely Ireland's fascination is thinking everything like this is exclusive to Ireland?

What the poster described was basically the life path for the majority of people on the developed world.

Not that there's anything particularly wrong with that lifestyle, lots of people enjoy it and it's what they want.

Some people think that way of life is the only way of life though, and attempt to live it no matter how unhappy it makes them.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement