Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you fancy your other half?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I probably fancy herself more now than I did years back and we're married/going out for nearly 18 years. Like a fine wine she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭HughWotMVIII

Us gingers are rides, yes. :)

I'm only with my boyfriend a few weeks so yes, I very very much fancy him, he's gorgeous

I agree; gingers are absolute rides.

One of the reasons I love Ireland is the abundance of redheads. That, and the lovely grey climate.

I am still single because there are no redheads where I live. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭__Alex__

Vanishingly unlikely, because there is no destiny. There is more than one "only one" for everyone.

I don't actually believe in soulmates. Whilst there are many people a person could have a long and successful relationship with, I find it unlikely that so many people find a person like that in their small town. I'm sure that what I meant came across in my first post in the thread. Take the use of the word destiny with a pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jrop

I fancy my darling husband more now than we first started going out 19 years ago I love his freckles, the grey highlights in his hair and his fabulous arse.

He's my best friend and I'm so thankful every day we met.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Jrop wrote: »
    I fancy my darling husband more now than we first started going out 19 years ago I love his freckles, the grey highlights in his hair and his fabulous arse.

He's my best friend and I'm so thankful every day we met.

Sweetie I didn't know you were on Boards. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Hagar7

What's the name of this thread again,I've forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭MadamRazz

Mr.Razz is an absolute roide. He tells me I'm bootyful all the time so I think he likes me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Bambi985

You'll only really attract the "my OH is a ride and we have sex 4,593 times a week" types to this thread. In reality I'd say any long-term relationship is going to experience drop-offs in attraction and frequency of sex, it's just how life goes when you're with someone decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Murrisk

Of course! Duh.

Singles mommies to five little angles

Dere me wurld.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

__Alex__ wrote: »
    I reckon there are still loads of marriages of convenience around. How likely is it that so many people just happened to grow up in the same town as the person they are destined to spend their life with?
    gramar wrote: »
    I've said the same many times.
    Billions of people in the world and your one true love born just down the boreen from you.
    What are the chances.

If you believe that who you go out with/fall for is pre-determined destiny or your one true love in the world, yes, it would be quite a coincidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,587 ✭✭✭DunnoKidz

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    If you believe that who you go out with/fall for is pre-determined destiny or your one true love in the world, yes, it would be quite a coincidence.

or a well planned adventure from a past life :)

It is predetermined like everything else, from a brute physical perspective. It isn't preordained or meaningful though.

I don't believe in soulmates but I do believe there are people that you very well suited to and it seems unlikely that everyone who marries someone from the same town as them found one of those people who they share excellent compatibility with.

Yep.
    I'm with Mrs.Osis 20+ years and fancy the arse off her.
    More importantly we have a right laugh together.

A crucial component of any good relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Zaph wrote: »
    This thread feels kind of familiar...

Some of use haven't been here for 33,000 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Lucky to be married to a stunning looking woman, who's kept her looks. Relatives and friends all tell me that I'm one lucky bugger to be married to her.

Age hasn't been as good to me as her, and sometimes I wonder if she is still attracted to me. But she works hard at it, trying to maintain her figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Do you fancy your other half?

Not as much as she fancies me :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Murrisk wrote: »
    I don't believe in soulmates but I do believe there are people that you very well suited to and it seems unlikely that everyone who marries someone from the same town as them found one of those people who they share excellent compatibility with.

Seems likely* to me. Probably have similar backgrounds, experiences, social groups, cultural references, values. I mean, in my experience most people are generally able to get along well, add in a lot of shared experience and the likelihood of compatibility goes up surely?

*not that absolutely everyone who marries someone from home is very compatible with them, but most people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

I'm single. I think my cats are adorable though. Does that count?

I wish I was a cat. Lie round all day, treat everyone like **** and get worshipped like a god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

My missus is a bit of a ride I have to say. She's half Egyptian so she has that slightly exotic look about her especially if the sun has been shining for a bit. Not at all my usual type, I'm more of an Irish cailín afficionado, but I always remember the very first time meeting her and thinking "fúck me, she's hot!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Yes, and even more now after almost a decade together!

Although went through a blip a few years ago for a few months - I call it my 'fat phase' cos of my comfort eating but soon realised it was affecting the relationship and I made changes.

The ability to make each other laugh loads and have fun together is top of the list but fancying each other is nearly as vital.

It's important to make a bit of effort in looking good for each other like you would have done in the early stages of the relationship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

This thread needs pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

seachto7 wrote:
    This thread needs pics

Readers wives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Village Crazy Lady

Yeah hell I do, I walk behind him on purpose so I can watch his tight ass, he knows I do it, and he doesn't mind. When he catches me he just smiles and all im thinking is im going to jump on him when we get home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

God yes, she's a feckin' ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

As a wise man once said, you dont eat the same dinner every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Syphonax wrote: »

You do, if meat and 2 veg is your kinda thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Syphonax

You do, if meat and 2 veg is your kinda thing.

im talking about women though

Syphonax wrote: »

Are you saying the old Mormon 'Variety is the spice of wife.' Is right😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

I do fancy my other half. He's not the textbook definition of what I would look for aesthetically, but he has features I love and I think he's very handsome. My emotional attachment definitely feeds into that, but I've always loved his eyes, smile, hair (and bum!) I also love the ratio of hair to bare skin across his body. It's perfect XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

My missus is a bit of a ride I have to say. She's half Egyptian so she has that slightly exotic look about her especially if the sun has been shining for a bit. Not at all my usual type, I'm more of an Irish cailín afficionado, but I always remember the very first time meeting her and thinking "fúck me, she's hot!"

She was probably out in the sun for too long ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

My wife is absolutely stunning and I'm constantly told so, for some reason though she is always putting herself down.

And I don't know what she sees in me, I'm a mutant 😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Well we're together 8 years so I'm happy to continue to be her object.

I know a couple (both lovely people character wise) and she is stunning, he less so (but not loaded).

They just fell in love, it's really sweet.

Someone asked him once "what does she see in you ?" and he goes "She's just using me for sex".

To which the mrs snorted her drink and went "yeah but don't tell everyone".

I'm a bit of an old cynic but sometimes love just works!! Good on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Us gingers are rides, yes. :)

I'm only with my boyfriend a few weeks so yes, I very very much fancy him, he's gorgeous

I posted this in April. I fancy him even more now than I did then, which I would not have thought possible :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

I know a couple (both lovely people character wise) and she is stunning, he less so (but not loaded).

They just fell in love, it's really sweet.

Someone asked him once "what does she see in you ?" and he goes "She's just using me for sex".

To which the mrs snorted her drink and went "yeah but don't tell everyone".

I'm a bit of an old cynic but sometimes love just works!! Good on you!

Well she came hunting me way back when so she must see something, I just don't see it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Well she came hunting me way back when so she must see something, I just don't see it myself.

Just go with it...!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 125 ✭✭Koala Sunshine

If I didn't fancy her I would break up with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

If I didn't fancy her I would break up with her.

I'm lucky, I fancy my other half more than ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'd have thought the physical aspect of any relationship is one of the most important, if not the most important.

I think I'd go insane if me and her weren't ridin' regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I still fancy the arse off my husband but we had the ultimate cock blocker (a baby) move in there a few years back and sexy time has taken a bit of a back seat but thats just how it goes, we still love each other and fancy each other, its just different for a while.

I posted this in April. I fancy him even more now than I did then, which I would not have thought possible :pac:

Ddddddd does he know you're a gunslinger though..

I still fancy the arse off my husband but we had the ultimate cock blocker (a baby) move in there a few years back and sexy time has taken a bit of a back seat but thats just how it goes, we still love each other and fancy each other, its just different for a while.
    Bigamist!!!:D

• Site Banned Posts: 9 Incredibles II

Yes I do, otherwise I would break up with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Still single as a pringle! :D:rolleyes::( Lads if any of ye are single and have nice muscly snuggly cosy shoulders hit me up! :pac::cool::P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think usually if a woman fancies her boyfriend/husband she will enthusiastically want his ejaculate in her mouth. If she recoils at the thought your cum in her mouth or it is a chore then she probably doesn't fancy you in my opinion.

Wow, I guess I never thought about it like that. Thanks for the insight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Bit of a silly question really, if I didn't fancy my partner I would break up with her.

You looked well doing your interview in the nip last night. Fair play.

wow what an original and daring thought

have you any strong views on the following topics im sure we'd be lucky to hear them;
    - how men and women have, like, *evolved* to be, like, different mentally man its, like, natural
    - jordan peterson
    - dating techniques that work every time, 60% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

I still fancy Mr Bubo.

After 20 years together, oddly he's even more attractive in middle age than in his early 30's!

He has lovely silver fox hair, mines a sh1tty colour that has to be dyed constantly.

Love him to bits ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Salthillprom

I fancy the pants off my husband! He’s every bit as good lookin in his 40s as he was in his 20s!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement