Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red light flashing on motion sensor - how do I fix it?

Options
  • 31-03-2017 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

You know, those white things wired up to the alarm. I *think* they're mains powered, never actually looked at them before :p One of them is flashing now though, can't see how to remove the cover or find a reset switch. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Lol..they're supposed to flash when they sense motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Yeah, they're supposed to flash to motion. Is it flashing on and off at regular intervals (without triggering)?

Do you know the make/model of your alarm system?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

:-D I know! I meant it's constantly flashing, not just a long constant light when motion is detected but a rapid blinking!

I should have added the other sensors all seem fine, it's just this one. No branding on them that I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭secman

Wonder if the motion sensors are battery powered wireless ones and the battery is obviously the way out. Our system has these and I've had to replace batteries last year.

• Advertisement

Yeah, maybe. Is there a knack for getting the battery out? I tried pulling, twisting etc and no joy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Any chance of a better picture. Would need to know if it is wired or wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Cover normally pops off by using a coin/screwdriver on the bottom-side of the sensor.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭judge30

You know, those white things wired up to the alarm. I *think* they're mains powered, never actually looked at them before :p One of them is flashing now though, can't see how to remove the cover or find a reset switch. Any suggestions?

Is your panel/keypad reading any faults and like the guys said is it battery or wired device

Thank you all for your tips. The alarm system isn't detecting any faults, the motion sensor is mains powered. I popped off the cover with a screw driver, the alarms went off :-D I have no idea what to do now I can its innards, so I just pushed the cover back on! New unit perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

If you mean Mains Powered as in Electricity, it is not, it is a 12 volt DC unit so don't worry about electrical shocks.

The cover goes on top first, if you put it on top first and hold it at about a 20 degree angle away from the bottom of the beam then it should align with the top slots.
    Once these are aligned hinge the cover downwards and the cover should then click into position by means of the middle clip.

Advertisement