Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovation planning - how to get most out of budget?

Options
  • 01-04-2017 5:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

We have a 4 bed house approx 2200 sq ft and we've been saving for a while now to give it a complete makeover. Hasn't really been touched on 10 years.
    We've got approx 25k the spend and I'm trying to figure out how best to get the most out of that money.
    I've done some research and i think we'd need 35k to do everything we want but my question is would we be well served to get a professional such as QS involved?

Example of what we're looking to do:
    Replace all internal doors x 10
    Paint hall, sitting room and 4 bed rooms including skirting boards
    Replace carpet with laminate in those same rooms (removing skirting first)
    Kit out a utility room
    Get a new steel shed including ground works
    Freshen up bathrooms maybe add some tiling on some walls and paint others (x3)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You don't need a QS for this sort of work.
    What state is your air-tightness and insulation at

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭islander222

You don't need a QS for this sort of work.
    What state is your air-tightness and insulation at

We've a C2 BER rating so pretty ok for now - although part of the work we would like to do is installing two insert stoves.

just trying to making sure I do all I can to get the best value out of our budget and cover most aspects of what we need doing. we also would like to redo our utility room, maybe look at slide rooms in master bed.

Advertisement