Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media hub - bridge mode - router/telephone query

• 01-04-2017 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

I had my Cisco 3925 fail a couple of nights ago and it was taken back by the courier when he delivered my Media hub.

Now, I am in the situation where I need to be able change my DNS and require a router to do this. However, I also need the use of the telephone that is hooked up currently to my Media Hub.

If I connect a suitable replacement router to my bridged hub, will ithe telephone work. And, can anyone recommend a suitable router for this?

I was looking at the TP link Archer c7 oir c8 but am unsure if they will do the trick. Is there an alternate?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

On the cisco units it would yes, haven't tested it with the samsung units but somebody else will be able to confirm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭TestLink

On VirginMedia Hub 3 there is no option to set DNS server. So I changed the VirginMedia Hub mode from Router to Modem. I have then a Netgear router connected to the Virginmedia hub to which all the devices are connected. The telephone is still connected to the VirginMedia Hub and works fine.

See the below thread for more details and how to do it.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057734897

Advertisement