Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchanging euro to dollars

• 01-04-2017 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just heading for a holiday shortly - first time in a few years. I'll be arriving into Adelaide at the start. I've a question regarding exchanging some cash I'll be bringing with me.

Wondering whether, in general, you would recommending exchanging to AUD in Ireland before departure or whether rates tend to be better in Australia. Then are rates generally better in a currency exchange outlet or the major Australian banks (Commonwealth, Westpac, ANZ etc)? I'm not talking about a fortune - about €400.

Any up to date advice welcome. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

Check the post office at home & their rates. They are commission free exchange if I remember correctly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

What about a Revolut card, interbank exchange rates and easy to top up. Plus the physical card arrives in 5 days. I got one looking forward to my next trip.

Revolut.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

If you're in Dublin the cheapest is usually the kiosk at the junction of Henry St and I Connell street. I know for a fact that employees of An Post use it as the rates are better.

Certainly change before you go.

Remember as well if you use any cards abroad there is a charge for withdrawing money

Advertisement