Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending PM to Mods asking for feedback

Options
  • 01-04-2017 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Firstly, I apologise if this is not the correct place for my query.

I became confused about a certain part of the forum, on one topic in particular. I sinced PM 2 Mods of the forum requesting clarification. This was yesterday morning. I have not received a reply yet.

I do appreciate Mods can be busy, however one of the moderators has been online on numerous occasions and replying to other posters on thread which are just banter and are in no way important. Just general posts about a topic.

Now, given its now been over 24 hours since I sent my PM am I to assume that the mod in question simply can't be bothered answering me or that my question so was just so Crap I doesn't warrant a response? I'm honestly not sure and don't want to make an issue of it, if there is no issue to be made?

Many thank
    DN
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Perhaps drop a reminder. If you still get no joy try one of the Category mods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Hi,
    Firstly, I apologise if this is not the correct place for my query.

I became confused about a certain part of the forum, on one topic in particular. ?

Many thank
    DN
    What do you want clarification on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    What do you want clarification on?

Clarification about something from a Mods perspective..

Edit: Tnx for reply, didn't mean in a patronising way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hey Doctor Nick - just my €0.02's worth...

First & foremost, the moderators of this site are regular members. It may be that the mod you saw online having banter with other members was just enjoying boards & hadn't thought about any modding stuff yet. That's entirely fine IMHO.

That said, the mods are regular members with some responsibilities. And those would generally include responding to forum queries. We generally recommend that if you don't receive a response in a day or so that you send a gentle reminder, & if still no joy - then PM a CMod.

I hope that helps.

tHB

Thanks for the replies everyone. Moderator did in fact reply so all is good. I know they do this on their own time to ensure site is run efficiently and am appreciative of that.

• Advertisement

I just reread my OP and it was very whiny.

Apologies, the internet + drink = bad

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I just reread my OP and it was very whiny.

Apologies, the internet + drink = bad

the OP was written at 1.30 in the afternoon??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

the OP was written at 1.30 in the afternoon??

Terdible Joe. Terdible altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Terdible Joe. Terdible altogether.

I'm just jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I I'm glad that the OP got an answer they are satisfied with and therefore I am closing his thread. OP if you want it reopened, please let us know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement