Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science Coursework B

• 01-04-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys, so I just have a question about the cousework; so our teacher said that they have nothing to do with the coursework, it's your own project and the coursework should be reflective of your scientific knowledge and what not,, which makes sense. However, a few classes in my school and being directly told what to write into their booklets and then the teachers are correcting their drafts to make sure its 100 % perfect, this can hardly be fair! Seriously, are there any rules regarding this but it's putting myself and my classmates at a huge disadvantage this shouldn't be allowed.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are lots of rules regarding it and every year schools have their marks for Science withheld if there is a suspicion of copying, or 'organised' transcription.

Some coverage of it:
    http://www.independent.ie/life/family/learning/exam-chiefs-uncovered-cheating-on-junior-cert-26735813.html

Rules:
    https://www.examinations.ie/candidates/S_68_08_Certificate_Examinations_Practical_Coursework.pdf (.pdf file)

You could always inform the SEC if you feel it is happening a lot in your school. I wish more people would.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Whatislife01

spurious wrote: »
    There are lots of rules regarding it and every year schools have their marks for Science withheld if there is a suspicion of copying, or 'organised' transcription.

Some coverage of it:
    http://www.independent.ie/life/family/learning/exam-chiefs-uncovered-cheating-on-junior-cert-26735813.html

Rules:
    https://www.examinations.ie/candidates/S_68_08_Certificate_Examinations_Practical_Coursework.pdf (.pdf file)

You could always inform the SEC if you feel it is happening a lot in your school. I wish more people would.
    Thanks, do you know how I'd go about doing so, I feel it's only fair especially cause people actually do work hardly on their coursework. Like is there an email address? This is also a recurring problem for the religion journal and the cspe action project, where admittedly , I was told basically word for word what to write down. I just think that the sec should be informed of how easy it is for teachers to just tell their students what to write down and they only have to change a word not to get caught, I'll just notify them and see where it goes from there. Thanks for you response

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Larine4

I'm in the process of completing mine now however my teacher is also a bit strict about like he tells us very vaguely what has to be done but so far I think I'm doing okay.is there any questions/part your stuck or confuse on? It's basically what you have been doing in you science experiment workbook but produced with a higher standard.my teacher told me that the examer skim reads it but I'm not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭leinsterjack

Larine4 wrote: »
    I'm in the process of completing mine now however my teacher is also a bit strict about like he tells us very vaguely what has to be done but so far I think I'm doing okay.is there any questions/part your stuck or confuse on? It's basically what you have been doing in you science experiment workbook but produced with a higher standard.my teacher told me that the examer skim reads it but I'm not sure

To my best knowledge, the examiner skims over Coursework A (Experiment Copy) but does a proper read of Coursework B. Maybe Im wrong.

Advertisement